Hungarian Grand Prix 2015, Hungaroring - Race 10/19

Associate
if anybody had enough in hand to switch to the new system first and get ahead of the competition, it would be mercedes ....

It could just be they are messed it up the last two races. But I don't find that particular theory unlikely.

Maybe they're confident enough in their car being better than everyone else that risking losing two races was deemed an acceptable loss if they got a great start and win after the break?

Soldato
Maybe they're confident enough in their car being better than everyone else that risking losing two races was deemed an acceptable loss if they got a great start and win after the break?

It's far more likely that they've had the drivers playing with the procedure in practice (hence Rosberg's car stopping?) and simply didn't got enough data for yesterday's start proper.

smr

smr

Soldato
lol @ the papers.

"‘Lewis Hamilton raced around the Hungaroring like a man driving back from the Dog and Duck after eight pints,’ wrote Jonathan McEvoy.

‘He was self-destructive, a danger to others and weaving willy-nilly.’"

willy nilly? sounds like he watched the race with his gran.

Caporegime
What? intentionally gimp there own starts to get experience before the crack down? as forward thinking as it sounds i wouldnt have thought Merc would be willing to gift places to other teams for a couple of races head start, besides they have the simulator for that sort of thing surely.

Clearly something up with there start procedure but i don't think its that.

I don't get this idea

Of all the teams that had enough performance in hand, and enough of a points advantage to potentially risk this, it's Mercedes.

If you disagree with this theory, its not because Mercedes couldn't afford to risk it. Of all the teams, they are the ones most able to risk it.

This is my thinking.

We could all be wrong, they could have made a mechanical change ready for the changes and in fact made things far far worse and Mercedes engineers are currently rushing to try and fix the problem. We'll have to wait and see.

Man of Honour
lol @ the papers.

"‘Lewis Hamilton raced around the Hungaroring like a man driving back from the Dog and Duck after eight pints,’ wrote Jonathan McEvoy.

:rolleyes: what a load of rubbish. Hamilton does push his luck with all the weaving though.

Soldato
If you disagree with this theory, its not because Mercedes couldn't afford to risk it. Of all the teams, they are the ones most able to risk it.

As said, it's what practice is for, and I fully expect that's why their race start was relatively poor. It was hardly a horror start (there were several poor starts down the field that were worse) - they lost as much being bullied out of it in the first couple of corners as they did at the start.

I'm certain that, here of all places, no team would practice a Spa start for the race.

Caporegime
lol @ the papers.

Wow. It wasn't a great race by Hamilton but it wasn't that bad!

"A danger to others" - ridiculous

Associate
I'd love to read Jonathan McEvoy's summary of Maldonado's race.

Wrestled every last ounce of performance out of his car, as evidenced by his multiple speeding penalties. The fastest sectors of anyone through the pit lane and behind the safety car.

Caporegime
At the end of the day, McEvoy obviously doesn't like hamilton and has written an article giving his opinion, which unsurprisingly isn't very kind to him.

But then that's what opinions are like, and it sells papers to read interesting and outlandish opinions. There will be others on here who don't like him who will be just as critical. Only difference is they don't work for a national newspaper.

Soldato
Wrestled every last ounce of performance out of his car, as evidenced by his multiple speeding penalties. The fastest sectors of anyone through the pit lane and behind the safety car.

Joking aside, it's worth noting that if Maldonado hadn't received those time penalties he would have finished in fifth.

Soldato
Joking aside, it's worth noting that if Maldonado hadn't received those time penalties he would have finished in fifth.

Nah, he'd have found some way to bin it eventually.

I'm waiting for the day he inexplicably manages to run over his Venezuelan backers and gets a stop/go.

Associate

Well a Mclaren was 5th so I don't think that finishing 5th would be a good indicator of how well Maldonado 'might' have done. It's unbelievable to me that he's a) still in the sport, and b) not injured someone yet.

Back
Top Bottom