Gear Thread - Pics

Soldato
Gigged this for the first time last night:

nord.jpg

Soldato
Now I have to get one ha.

Deluxe or standard?

Got a schecter c1 blackjack need selling first , got it in 2006 but not touched it since probably 2009. Not even sure the worth tbh

Soldato
Expanded my guitar collection today with a new arrival:

WCaEYZA.jpg

Suhr Standard Pro with a maple neck. Sweet as anything to play - action is perfect and it has great sustain from a guitar that is so light. I've been wanting a Suhr for a long time after hearing a couple of Mark Knopfler's ones! Sat next to the Suhr is my Fender '82 Japanese Stratocaster, which probably feels a little left out now.

Edit/ I finally got a multi-guitar stand/case so thought I may as well take a picture of the family:

XOFnHhH.jpg

Now I have to get one ha.

Deluxe or standard?

Red guitar second back from the front of the rack is my '08 USA Standard Telecaster - plays really nicely and has a great twang to it. I tried a Deluxe at the time of purchasing it and preferred the Standard as it sounded "like a Telecaster should". Highly recommended, but try one out at a shop first to see for yourself!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Nice. How are you finding it?

I almost pulled the trigger on a heavy relic custom shop 62 strat with Abby Ybarra hand wound pickups yesterday. But then I decided to actually learn to play my other guitars properly before justifying such a splurge!

I really really like it, I take back what I said about telecasters 18 months ago !

It's a very nice and comfortable guitar, even though mine doesn't have a belly cut, it's very well balanced and the neck is super nice.

con - the taper in the volume isn't as smooth as my Les Paul, doesn't clean up as well but that's about it.

Soldato
I really really like it, I take back what I said about telecasters 18 months ago !

It's a very nice and comfortable guitar, even though mine doesn't have a belly cut, it's very well balanced and the neck is super nice.

con - the taper in the volume isn't as smooth as my Les Paul, doesn't clean up as well but that's about it.

I went back to music shop yesterday and walked out with an american standard tele :D. I absolutely love the it, the tone is just iconic. I'll put a pic up later.

Caporegime
I went back to music shop yesterday and walked out with an american standard tele :D. I absolutely love the it, the tone is just iconic. I'll put a pic up later.

Very nice! I know a guy was selling his due to having a new baby, a 1995 American standard...I would've bought it if not already have a tele.

Ps mine isn't a Fender btw, it's made by a Luthier call John Palir down in Louisiana in the States and he relic them in his own arty way as opposed to natural relic look.

Soldato
Very nice! I know a guy was selling his due to having a new baby, a 1995 American standard...I would've bought it if not already have a tele.

Ps mine isn't a Fender btw, it's made by a Luthier call John Palir down in Louisiana in the States and he relic them in his own arty way as opposed to natural relic look.

Ah so that's what it is :D Really like the look of yours.

How much do they go for? Looks pricey!

Spent hours playing mine yesterday - learnt the stones - can't you hear me knocking, muse plug in baby and the shrek song you belong to me (by request from the missus). Can't wait to pick mine up again after work :)

EDIT my tele through my orange tiny terror.
** Any image wider than 1280 pixels should be linked or placed in spoiler tags **
rshqc7h.jpg

In my opinion orange make some of the best sounding amps.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Palir are normally custom ordered, you can pick your spec, the level of relic, colour, pick ups etc. they start at around $2,000 now, I got it for much less than that though, managed to get one before he put up his price, which has pretty much doubled in the past year!

The neck is the stand out part for me, it is super comfortable, don't take my word for it...I took it in for a set up at JayDee Guitars (they made guitar for Black Sabbath's lead guitarist) and asked me where I got it from and made compliment on the neck too.

qzTSxyD.jpg

Associate
Haha, they're near the top of the line cymbals - they were all 2nd hand but for those 5 it still cost about £600 :eek: still a lot cheaper than buying new and they're all in pretty much perfect condition.

Cymbals are things I refuse to go cheap on tbh; you can make a budget kit sound good with new heads, tuning them well etc but if the cymbals sound like bin lids there's no getting around that.

Totally agree there. I've got a 30yr old Export that I've changed the rims on and keep it fed with new heads, it sounds great. All my cymbals are top line though, cheap ones really do sound bad in comparison.

BTW, you need one of these
2014-04-29%2020.27.38_zps2vuxxonf.jpg

Mapex Black Panther 14x6.5 hand hammered brass snare. It's called The Sledgehammer :D It's also loud, very, very loud :D

Back
Top Bottom