BenQ BL3201PT Titan X funny horizontal flash down the screen and odd glitch

Associate
Yes I have swapped it over from the mini to a full DP cable and not had any issues for a few weeks now, do not no if this is down to the mini cable not liking the monitor or the Nvidia graphic card or just the cable being crap.

Caporegime
Yes I have swapped it over from the mini to a full DP cable and not had any issues for a few weeks now, do not no if this is down to the mini cable not liking the monitor or the Nvidia graphic card or just the cable being crap.

You'd think a supplied cable with a monitor would be up to snuff, apparently not. Hopefully that's the end of the glitches.

Associate
I still have the glitches on both my screen, with full DP cables -- with the MiniDP is was slightly worse, as sometime it wouldn't sync at boot time...

But, the glitch issue is exactly as before really, perhaps once a day per screen; I can live with that I guess...

Soldato
Thought i'd update this, after changing the displayport cable from the included mini to full dp to a "cable matters" full size displayport cable i've not noticed any glitches in the last few hours tonight. Oddly enough when i first got my 980 ti it refused to work with this cable, just tried it again tonight and worked right away. :confused::)

Good news Gerard - at last !!!!
Hope it stays that way.

Mark

Caporegime
Thought i'd update this, after changing the displayport cable from the included mini to full dp to a "cable matters" full size displayport cable i've not noticed any glitches in the last few hours tonight. Oddly enough when i first got my 980 ti it refused to work with this cable, just tried it again tonight and worked right away. :confused::)
Whbich one did you get and from where please?

Message in trust if you cant say on here. Thanks

Caporegime
Whbich one did you get and from where please?

Message in trust if you cant say on here. Thanks

Well i definitely noticed at least one glitch tonight. :mad:

Interesting how the glitches only ever affect one side of the screen as if its 2 halves stitched together. I wonder if this is more so a firmware issue or a hardware issue. That's a 295x2, a fury x and a 980 ti with a minidp and a full dp all producing the glitches but it seems lessened with the full cable.

And benq are very fussy about replacements as they want to see evidence of the glitch.

Associate
Well i definitely noticed at least one glitch tonight. :mad:

Interesting how the glitches only ever affect one side of the screen as if its 2 halves stitched together. I wonder if this is more so a firmware issue or a hardware issue. That's a 295x2, a fury x and a 980 ti with a minidp and a full dp all producing the glitches but it seems lessened with the full cable.

And benq are very fussy about replacements as they want to see evidence of the glitch.

Are you using a single Gpu or are you in crossfire or sil.

Associate
Single gpu.

When I had problems with the mini Dp cable that came with the Benq 4K on my gaming rig I swapped it out for the full size Dp cable that was being used on my old 2560 x 1440 which resolved the problem on the Benq, now on my old monitor that mini works perfectly but the difference is that the rig it is connected to is using a Radeon R7 250 with 4 mini dp ports. That got me thinking why not connect the Benq 4k to the Radeon R7 250 with the Mini Dp cable and give it a test. Well I have done that and have been using the Benq 4K monitor with out any issues since Monday morning and its been running for around 12 hours Monday and about the same Tuesday so that proves one thing it is not the mini Dp cable or in this case the monitor. I do not know what the cause of the issues are here but I think the GPU`s play a big part in this when it comes to 4K resolution.

Soldato
When I had problems with the mini Dp cable that came with the Benq 4K on my gaming rig I swapped it out for the full size Dp cable that was being used on my old 2560 x 1440 which resolved the problem on the Benq, now on my old monitor that mini works perfectly but the difference is that the rig it is connected to is using a Radeon R7 250 with 4 mini dp ports. That got me thinking why not connect the Benq 4k to the Radeon R7 250 with the Mini Dp cable and give it a test. Well I have done that and have been using the Benq 4K monitor with out any issues since Monday morning and its been running for around 12 hours Monday and about the same Tuesday so that proves one thing it is not the mini Dp cable or in this case the monitor. I do not know what the cause of the issues are here but I think the GPU`s play a big part in this when it comes to 4K resolution.

Interesting - the plot thickens. Who knows - you may have a point about the gpu as possible cause or even part cause of this issue. Maybe we will all find a permanent fix one day.

Caporegime
Just an update, still getting the glitches and am again going to contact Benq about it this week. last night the screen went blank for several seconds which is a few times this has happened over the last lot of months. Irritating how Benq want a video of this as its totally random and would require me to be recording for hours on end for something that might not even happen, yet tell them that and they do nothing but regurgitate needing proof of it occurring. :rolleyes:

That's a few dp cables and a few different gpu's over the last lot of months all of which had no effect on the glitches, so its obviously the panel.

Soldato
Just an update, still getting the glitches and am again going to contact Benq about it this week. last night the screen went blank for several seconds which is a few times this has happened over the last lot of months. Irritating how Benq want a video of this as its totally random and would require me to be recording for hours on end for something that might not even happen, yet tell them that and they do nothing but regurgitate needing proof of it occurring. :rolleyes:

That's a few dp cables and a few different gpu's over the last lot of months all of which had no effect on the glitches, so its obviously the panel.

I am not sure I like Benq attitude here - this worries me. If they had total confidence in their products then they would at least have yours back for testing. I think what they are asking you to do is un reasonable - especially as this has been going on for quite a while now.

Might be a good time to have a word with your local trading standards dept on this one. Just hope this does not become widely prevalent. Mine glitches every now and then, but not to the extent that it unduly worries me yet!

Happy New Year, and let us know how things proceed.

Mark

Soldato
Any updates Gerard

Hey Gerard,

Any updates on your problems - did you see my last post and suggestion? Just wondering how your going with it?

Mark

Soldato
Hey Gerard,

Have you heard anything from them yet - beginning to think their support is lousy, but generally very good products.

Mark

Associate
Without wishing to hijack the thread here - how's the AG on this monitor?

I tend to find most coating put on these monitors makes them incredibly grainy when viewing a white background and in turn distorts pictures i'm looking at, it's beyond annoying.

Reviews say this one is very light and barely noticeable, is that true?

Soldato

I tend to find most coating put on these monitors makes them incredibly grainy when viewing a white background and in turn distorts pictures i'm looking at, it's beyond annoying.

Does not seem to be a problem on mine, it is barely noticeable for me at least.

Soldato

No, we reviewers lie on purpose. :cool:

This is about as smooth as matte surfaces get.

Associate
BTW that 'blank' screen problem had happened to me a couple of times, but I realized that it was actually the 'proximity sensor' kickin in if I wasn't moving in front of the screen. It's quite rare tho.
Happens if I lean back in the chair to watch a photograph full screen in Adobe Lightroom for example. Spooked the hell out of me the first time :)

I like the proximity sensor, but clearly it's not 100% accurate; for example it won't work if my desk is a bit too cluttered. However, MOST of the time it's pretty nice to have it, and it's quite seamless too.

Other than that, the glitch still show perhaps once a day/screen, but it's very rare; it has stopped bothering me a while back.

Back
Top Bottom