BenQ BL3201PT Titan X funny horizontal flash down the screen and odd glitch

Caporegime
Not called as of yet, waiting on a new dp cable first then if that doesn't fix the issues i'll get onto them. Assuming anyone actually answers that is.

Associate
Not called as of yet, waiting on a new dp cable first then if that doesn't fix the issues i'll get onto them. Assuming anyone actually answers that is.

I had a response to the ticket I raised on monday and have an RMA so am returning the unit for a replacement.
I did capture some video footage of the fault and shared that with BenQ support.
Doubt it's a cable as it'd been operating without issue for nearly 2 months before the fault appeared (display goes black for 2-3 seconds, varying frequency, power cycling the PC cleared it... will try just the monitor next time it occurs).
Hoping that this issue doesn't effect all units and that the replacement doesn't suffer from it as I'm otherwise really happy with!

Caporegime
My ticket was sent in nearly 2 weeks ago now and no response to it :( Sent another tonight, what way does their rma work, do they send one out and take the faulty one or do you have to send it back and play the waiting game?

ed: got an automated response which i didn't get last time (checked spam and nothing there either) so maybe more luck this time.

Last edited:
Associate
My ticket was sent in nearly 2 weeks ago now and no response to it :( Sent another tonight, what way does their rma work, do they send one out and take the faulty one or do you have to send it back and play the waiting game?

ed: got an automated response which i didn't get last time (checked spam and nothing there either) so maybe more luck this time.

Thankfully they send out a replacement unit and take the old one back, just waiting for the courier to get in touch with me to arrange a pickup now.

Caporegime
Got a response today they are requesting a video, should be interesting to try and capture it. Gonna Have to set up a camera to record the screen for a bit.

Thankfully they send out a replacement unit and take the old one back, just waiting for the courier to get in touch with me to arrange a pickup now.

So its a whole new screen, stand etc?

Associate
Got a response today they are requesting a video, should be interesting to try and capture it. Gonna Have to set up a camera to record the screen for a bit.

So its a whole new screen, stand etc?

Nah, not a complete new package - can't remember the precise instructions but it did say not to pack cables or accessories.

Courier has been in touch and I've arranged a pick-up on monday so will provide an update then.

Associate
Replacement unit has arrived, it's a refurb with all the accessories.
No issues with the physical quality or operation of the display as yet.

All in all good service provided by BenQ support, will report back on any other issues.

Caporegime
Definately murphys law with these things, last night it went black once and glitched a couple of times, not been able to get it recorded as of yet. :o:rolleyes:

Soldato
Definately murphys law with these things, last night it went black once and glitched a couple of times, not been able to get it recorded as of yet. :o:rolleyes:

I feel for ya - what a pain. Could you not leave something running on a loop whilst still recording to see if you can catch it on film? Just a thought.

Caporegime
I feel for ya - what a pain. Could you not leave something running on a loop whilst still recording to see if you can catch it on film? Just a thought.

Its very awkward to capture, weird thing is more often than not the glitches happen on the desktop, the going black thing has happened 3 or 4 times in the last few weeks and i've owned the monitor since the first week of april. I can go literally hours without seeing it or maybe a day, but every so often the odd glitches pops up a few times in the space of a few minutes. I'll get it eventually :p

Soldato
Its very awkward to capture, weird thing is more often than not the glitches happen on the desktop, the going black thing has happened 3 or 4 times in the last few weeks and i've owned the monitor since the first week of april. I can go literally hours without seeing it or maybe a day, but every so often the odd glitches pops up a few times in the space of a few minutes. I'll get it eventually :p

Patience is a virtue so they say. Lol :p

Soldato
Hi Gerrard,

Had any luck with capturing the offending flashes etc - must admit I have had a few flashes on the left hand side of the screen, not happening at all often, but worried I may have caught the disease. eek.

Mark

Soldato
Also happens with the BL3200PT. Not a big deal but quite annoying. Mostly seems to happen when it comes to text based stuff, almost never seen it happen in games.

Back
Top Bottom