*** Official Fallout 4 - No Spoilers Allowed ***

Soldato
Just received mine from Simply unfortunately it looks like the postman or someone has trodden on it as the case is smashed in one corner and bottom so it's going back.

Also has anyone else have this on their case... Seems Simply are selling non UK stock for this...

???

Last edited:
Soldato
Just checked and it's a US copy and should not be sold in the UK according to a search. Seems like a bit of possible Tax evasion by Simply....

Not happy and have arranged to send it back.

Soldato
Zavvi does it similarly.....but really don't know how to evade tax?

I'm sure they have paid tax and it's just what the supplier has sourced. Still it should be advertised as a US version or Non UK version as it could affect trade in or re-sale value. Especially as it has "Not for supply in UK" printed on it..

Tbh I'm not bothered as long as it works but it arrived smashed so it will go back anyhow. I will grab it locally later this afternoon.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm sure they have paid tax and it's just what the supplier has sourced. Still it should be advertised as a US version or Non UK version as it could affect trade in or re-sale value. Especially as it has "Not for supply in UK" printed on it..

Tbh I'm not bothered as long as it works but it arrived smashed so it will go back anyhow. I will grab it locally later this afternoon.

Are you sure it isn't a EU version, it would seem odd to specifically print not for supply in the UK if it was US.

But either way it's best to send it back as you would almost certainly have issues with DLC / Season Pass later on due to having to buy it from the same region that the game is from. *edit that's assuming it is a PS4 copy, perhaps not the same issues if it is XB1.

Last edited:
Associate
Been and picked mine up this morning. Unbeknownst to me, the wife had pre-ordered and paid for the steelbook edition with the bobblehead :)

Just got out of the vault so going to break for some lunch then get stuck in.

Soldato
Just received mine from Simply unfortunately it looks like the postman or someone has trodden on it as the case is smashed in one corner and bottom so it's going back.

Also has anyone else have this on their case... Seems Simply are selling non UK stock for this...

???

There is a reason that Simply and The Game Collection are often much cheaper for games, often the games will be non UK.

If any of your games from them have a yellow circle in the left hand corner on ththe front then it's non UK.

Soldato
OP
My Game ltd edition steel book PS4 copy has arrived :D I now have to wait until i can get into town to exchange it for the Xbox version which wont be until sunday :( Unless i can talk the Mrs into doing it.

Soldato
Will there be enough experience points and levels to get all the Perks?

I haven't gone for a character build, i'm just randomly selecting perks that seem like they might help. I'm worried that towards the end game i'll have a mismatched character and no way to unlock the other Perks.

Soldato
Are you sure it isn't a EU version, it would seem odd to specifically print not for supply in the UK if it was US.

But either way it's best to send it back as you would almost certainly have issues with DLC / Season Pass later on due to having to buy it from the same region that the game is from. *edit that's assuming it is a PS4 copy, perhaps not the same issues if it is XB1.

I googled it and trees have said it's the US version ?

I just picked up another from Smyths and it does not have it...

Fantastic game so far.... I love Vats.

Back
Top Bottom