Corsair RBG Owners Club

Associate
I just got my 1st mechanical keyboard yesterday wow just wow! ordered Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX SILENT Mechanical from OcUK
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...-gaming-keyboard-ch-9000121-uk-kb-052-cs.html

I am just blown away buy the build quality and key stroke satisfaction - the premium feel of the cherry "silent" switches & it is very quiet.

The RGB lighting with the cue software is amazing & its going to take me some time to learn how to make custom profiles/lighting effects.

As far as i can say or tell this keyboard is a 5 star 10/10 product ;)

Last edited:
Associate
It's pretty quiet. My house mate has the k95 with cherry blues. So the comparison with that and this keyboard is quite substantial.

This is my first ever mechanical keyboard. I came from a Logitech G15 rev.2. As you can expect it will take getting use to the Strafe for me. The strafe keyboard is actually quieter typing wise than my logitech. I still prefer my Logitech for typing though as it has been well used so the keys are easy to press. THis one requires a little more force but nowhere near as bad as the razor tarantula I use to have.

I find using my house mates k95 I prefer that for typing at the moment but give it time with my new keyboard my opinion might change. I think I would have preferred if they did like a cherry blue silent version as I find the cherry blues really nice to type with.

As for gaming I haven't actually had a chance to try. Think I will go play LoL and see how that goes.

Associate
Is the only difference between a K70 and Strafe the light around the edges? That can also be turned off?

A lot more than just the light on the side.. but yes, you can turn that light off via CUE.

I am just blown away buy the build quality and key stroke satisfaction - the premium feel of the cherry "silent" switches & it is very quiet.

The RGB lighting with the cue software is amazing & its going to take me some time to learn how to make custom profiles/lighting effects.

As far as i can say or tell this is keyboard is a 5 star 10/10 product ;)

Thanks for sharing your feedback :) Glad to hear that you like it a lot.

Yeah, the CUE software is little intimidating at first glance, but once you got the hang of it, a lot of the features are straight forward. You can also get some pre-made profiles here while you are in the learning mode.

Soldato
A lot more than just the light on the side.. but yes, you can turn that light off via CUE.

I did a bit more reading and think I have got everything.
Plastic underside
No dedicated media buttons
Better light controller (no flicker)
Silent red keys, otherwise the same mechanical keys found in the K70
Different font
USB passthrough

Associate
Just curious!

I've just freshly rebooted my system and reorganised my desk and I've had to plug in both USB's for the K70 keyboard in to USB2 slots.

I then noticed in Device Manager under the USB's that I've little error (yellow Triangle) beside one of them and basically its the second USB cable for the keyboard. I've went in to properties and its Code 43.

Can I fix this?

Associate
I did a bit more reading and think I have got everything.
Plastic underside
No dedicated media buttons
Better light controller (no flicker)
Silent red keys, otherwise the same mechanical keys found in the K70
Different font
USB passthrough

Exactly! Except the MX Silent switch found on STRAFE RGB is unique on its own. MX Silent and MX Red are two different type of switches with different characteristics.

Just curious!

I've just freshly rebooted my system and reorganised my desk and I've had to plug in both USB's for the K70 keyboard in to USB2 slots.

I then noticed in Device Manager under the USB's that I've little error (yellow Triangle) beside one of them and basically its the second USB cable for the keyboard. I've went in to properties and its Code 43.

Can I fix this?

If you are using USB2.0, try to plug in the connector with the two arrow icon first, then plug in the connector with the KB icon. Make sure that you have all the latest Windows updates as well.

Associate
vertigo 1>It does not. I looked on mine and can't see any. And refferring to your previous post, is it quieter than other keyboards that use cherry switches. Is it silent? No it isn't. But it is quieter than other cherry keyboard. Then I would to say yes.

Is it quieter than say something like a Logitech g15 rev 2 well if you are the type of typer who lightly taps than it can be. But if you are the type of typer who uses a lot of force when pressing keys then no.

Greybeard>I wanted to ask via CUE software why is it when I select white the overall effect is a very very light blue instead of white. Looking at my cap, num lock lights and the white on teh sides of the keyboard this looks white to me but the overall effect on the keyboard is not a true white colour.

Last edited:
Soldato
Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd ask here..

My K65 RGB has a minor issue, probably software related. When I load a game / program the lighting pattern will pause and jitter slightly as the game loads then once loaded it's fine. Anyone have the same issue and resolved it?

Soldato
vertigo 1>It does not. I looked on mine and can't see any. And refferring to your previous post, is it quieter than other keyboards that use cherry switches. Is it silent? No it isn't. But it is quieter than other cherry keyboard. Then I would to say yes.

Is it quieter than say something like a Logitech g15 rev 2 well if you are the type of typer who lightly taps than it can be. But if you are the type of typer who uses a lot of force when pressing keys then no.

Thanks for the info :)

I really wish companies making expensive keyboards like this would start putting Kensington locks on them. Many of us attend LAN events from time to time and £140+ keyboards and mice can be a serious theft risk.

Soldato
got my strafe yesterday.. fantastic to look at and build quality is very good.. love the profiles u can download.. only gripe is it feels like the keys are in the wrong place compared to my old k90 vengeance.. its like the keys are little to the right and keep pressing sometimes the wrong key or even 2 lol :( ill get used to it tho... love the silent keys

Associate
is it quieter than other keyboards that use cherry switches. Is it silent? No it isn't. But it is quieter than other cherry keyboard. Then I would to say yes.

Greybeard>I wanted to ask via CUE software why is it when I select white the overall effect is a very very light blue instead of white. Looking at my cap, num lock lights and the white on teh sides of the keyboard this looks white to me but the overall effect on the keyboard is not a true white colour.

Just want to say, spot on what you said on the MX Silent switches :)

As for the white LED being a little light blue on the KB. Never seen this before, so if you don't mind sending me some photos via trust message, I'd really appreciate it.

Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd ask here..

My K65 RGB has a minor issue, probably software related. When I load a game / program the lighting pattern will pause and jitter slightly as the game loads then once loaded it's fine. Anyone have the same issue and resolved it?

I have this same behavior with my K70 RGB when ever I change app or game. We thought it's a bug as well, but we later found out that its normal. It's basically the KB's controller in transition from one profile to another. It'll reset for a split second before loading the next lighting profile. The transition will be smoother down the road as we release better FW.

got my strafe yesterday.. fantastic to look at and build quality is very good.. love the profiles u can download.. only gripe is it feels like the keys are in the wrong place compared to my old k90 vengeance.. its like the keys are little to the right and keep pressing sometimes the wrong key or even 2 lol :( ill get used to it tho... love the silent keys

Yup, I feel the same way coming from a K70. But after a good amount of hours playing with it, you'll get used to it eventually. Glad to hear that you like it :)

Associate

Just to give you an update on this. I just asked our KB Product Manager about this light blueish color when you set the LED to white, and according to him, that is perfectly normal. Reason is, the LED is built onto the PCB and the white light coming from the LED is being diffused by the lens creating the natural light blue effect. This is something that you'd typically see on a Cherry MX switches when you have the LED set to white.

Back
Top Bottom