Oscar Pistorius thread

Caporegime
Yes, in somewhere as dangerous as SA I would be thinking this too, but...

I know his estate well, been there loads. It's a very affluent community with security guards and it's fenced off. The odds of an intruder making it past all the security measures and in to his en-suite bathroom undetected are virtually nil.

He knew exactly what he was doing. Did he intend to kill her? Probably not. Did he grab his gun in a fit of rage (roid rage perhaps?) and shoot through the door whilst being possessed by the red mist? Absolutely.

His whole family are also fairly well known to be arrogant narcissists in Pretoria. His brother has a few armed convictions against him as well.

Permabanned
Agreed.

You know instantly on waking whether your partner is in bed next to you. No partner next to you and a noise from the bathroom would make anyone at least consider that the partner is in the bathroom.

Discharging a firearm when you don't know what the bullets will hit is always a very bad idea. Doing so when the bullets may hit another human is manslaughter. Doing so when you know the bullets are going to hit the girlfriend you're mad at is murder.
I'd know if the wife was in bed or not, but that aside I'd make absolutely 100% certain that she wasn't in the loo before blasting away through the door.

Whether firing when bullets "may hit" another human is manslaughter or not depends entirely on circumstances, and the law in that jurisdiction.

From what I saw of the evidence, which was basically TV news and a documentary, I thought the story Pistorius came out with was a self-serving crock of excrement, and that he clearly missed his vocation. He should have been a fiction writer.

I think this ruling might finally represent some justice for Reeva and her family, and a lengthy sentence is thoroughly deserved.

Caporegime
About time this arrogant **** is finally getting his just desserts. Never believed a single word when he was trying to defend himself and his crocodile tears.

As much as I'd like to see this despicable scumbag get his backside ripped open in prison, I imagine he will be under protection by the guards or put in a different part of prison. I hope not though, I also hope he isn't allowed to top himself...he needs to suffer for what he did to Reeva.

Soldato
I can't honestly understand how people still think it was manslaughter and not murder?

His intentions were perfectly clear and how he wasn't found guilty of murder in the first place is completely beyond me.

Back
Top Bottom