• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA UK RMA centre announced

Caporegime
EVGA -

Here's a question, hope you can answer it. Can you SLI two different EVGA cards, such as a 980 GTX 2.0 SC AX and a 980 GTX Classified?

Associate
Hi Neil, Yes, this is no prob, as long as the Chipset and the ammount of RAM on the card is the same it will work. SLI just works best when both cards are sinked so the advantage of the classi will be gone if the other card is not clocking as well

Caporegime
Hi Neil, Yes, this is no prob, as long as the Chipset and the ammount of RAM on the card is the same it will work. SLI just works best when both cards are sinked so the advantage of the classi will be gone if the other card is not clocking as well

My 980 SC is clocked at 1563/7856

So pretty high :D

Oh and thanks!!

Soldato
Great news. Seeing this thread is one of the reason why my third TX (well second as my 3rd is now gone) which arrived moments ago is an EVGA SC version :D

Already putting it through its paces, but paired with my 2nd SC version both seem a lot happier in SLI. Getting much higher stable clocks now as this one seems to be a good chip. And the Green LED is brighter :p

Separately also I thought I would try out the ACX 2.0 cooler, but it came with a random GPU's retention plate that does not fit on the TX :confused:

Associate
Great news. Seeing this thread is one of the reason why my third TX (well second as my 3rd is now gone) which arrived moments ago is an EVGA SC version :D

Already putting it through its paces, but paired with my 2nd SC version both seem a lot happier in SLI. Getting much higher stable clocks now as this one seems to be a good chip. And the Green LED is brighter :p

Separately also I thought I would try out the ACX 2.0 cooler, but it came with a random GPU's retention plate that does not fit on the TX :confused:

Hi, where did you get the ACX cooler from? Usually if the cooler is a Titan one the plate should also fit? Maybe its a block for an older Titan black or the originally one?

Associate
Is the RMA centre open now? just had a 2 month old 750W G2 make a spectacular bang and ** please do not mention competitors ** are telling me it may be quicker to go for a direct RMA with EVGA!

Soldato
Hi, where did you get the ACX cooler from? Usually if the cooler is a Titan one the plate should also fit? Maybe its a block for an older Titan black or the originally one?

Admittedly got it from a competitor as these coolers are seemingly hard to source so wont name the place. It was odd, the Paperwork, Backplate and cooler itself were all Titan X branded and would have fit. Just the middle plate was for another card all together. I expect something went wrong at the packaging stage as the plate looked totally different to what the paperwork in the box showed. See Step 7 pic vs the Actual backplate.

DSCN1322.jpg

Not the biggest of deal, as I have now exchanged it and ordered a second. Hopefully will try them soon :)

Associate
This is the wrong one. Was the box originally sealed and shring wrapped? Are the marks at the thermal pads from your installation or had the thermal pads looked like this out of the box? Did you return this one for a refund?

Soldato
This is the wrong one. Was the box originally sealed and shring wrapped? Are the marks at the thermal pads from your installation or had the thermal pads looked like this out of the box? Did you return this one for a refund?

It did indeed come shrink wrapped and for all intents looked brand new which made it all the more bizzare. However that middle plate and the backplate came with few smudges which looked odd. Indeed the thermal pads looked like that out the box.

Not the biggest issue as the retailer has now offered a refund since original post and now waiting on a replacement + second one for my additional card :)

Soldato
Oh that was what I was meaning to ask...

Now that you are going to have a UK RMA center does that mean that you will also sell to the UK now too? like B grade and back plates and all of the other lovely stuff our colonial cousins get?

Back
Top Bottom