Football manager 2016

daz

daz

Soldato
This is a much much tougher game than it used to be. :)

Finally got promoted to the Premiership with Ipswich, and we are currently 19th in the league. We have a decent amount of money to spend, and a not bad wage budget of £500k p/w but I am mindful of signing big players to big contracts. In case we go down.

We are currently 19th in the league after 27 games. We only need one win to take us out of the relegation zone. My target for the season is to 'battle bravely against relegation', so I'd hope that even if we do go down, the board will have faith with me. :o

Never had this in FM before - it's usually go up, sign a few awesome players and finish top 6. :o

Associate
I've not found it that tough? Started out with Portsmouth finished 2nd got promoted, now sitting 4th in L1 and should go up to the Championship this season. I've only bought a total of 2 players, the rest were free transfers.

Permabanned
I refunded it, the developers are extremely lazy. the exact same questions being asked when joining the club and the exact same press conferences. The developers just sit back and watch mugs buys the same game year on year, will be leaving it for a few years now i think and stick with 2015.

Associate
While I'm not having a go at refunding the game have you ever watched a football press conference? I mean football journalists are still peddling the same transfer rumours from 3 - 4 seasons ago let alone thinking up new and interesting questions.

Soldato
I'd disagree, yes there are the same general updates you always get but I would agree with most that the difficulty has been tweaked.

13/14/15 were painfully easy as soon as you found a cookie cutter tactic it was simple, as an example in 4 seasons spending 0 cash I got 4 promotions with Gateshead into the EPL in 15. I think in this incarnation you can certainly optimise your chances with some tactics but it's far more difficult to steamroll than in other editions. Possible, but not as mind numbingly simple as other versions.

Associate
Arsenal 2nd season and just coming up to the January transfer window.

My team so far:
Goalkeepers
Horn
Cech
Szczesny

Defenders
Jenkinson (looking to sell)
Stones
Chambers
Monreal
Koscielny (Captain)
Mammana
Jose Gimenez (looking to loan out maybe)
Bellerin
Gibbs

Midfielders
Tielemans (looking to loan out)
Coquelin
Griezman
Ramsey
Cazorla
Ox
Wilshere
Ozil
Sanchez

Forwards
Walcott
Campbell
Giroud (tempted to sell)
Aboubakar (tempted to sell)

I also have Neymar coming in January for 20 million upfront, 50 million over the next 48 month and bonus that could mean the total cost is around 110 million. It's the only real transfer I have made this season and he is still young, I didn't really need him but 70 million on a player worth 60 is a good deal plus if I want to sell him in the next few seasons then I'm sure I can get all that money back and more, or even sell off the older guys in his place in a few season to recoup that cash.

Giroud is very inconsistent for me and the most solid forwards this season seem to be Walcott and Campbell so maybe sell either Giroud or Aboubakar.

Any comments on the team? Oh I also went out of the FA Cup very early this season and last but I won the Premier League and Champions League in the 1st season.

Man of Honour
OP
It's not exactly the same at all. At the end of the day it's about football and there are only so many ways to kick a ball. But under the belt there are loads of differences. I'm finding it very difficult compared to last year, especially with the new work permit mechanics. I managed to get into the Premier League after years of trying and keep losing my best players due to release clauses. The bigger clubs make silly offers which I can't compete with.

I'm struggling to use my wingers though. I usually have two full backs who are fast players. Usually over 15 acceleration and pace so they are nippy. But the fullbacks are not scoring like last year. One of them is now world class too, but he just doesn't score.

Permabanned
Well the press conference when joining was exactly the same, not a single word or question different, as was many other things including pre and post match questions. The developers are extremely lazy like I said. Same as 2015 with slightly updated database, waste of money if you have 2015

Associate
I've not found it that tough? Started out with Portsmouth finished 2nd got promoted, now sitting 4th in L1 and should go up to the Championship this season. I've only bought a total of 2 players, the rest were free transfers.

Ended up winning L1 so now in the Championship with Portsmouth. Not saying this to brag but I'm struggling to see where the extra difficulty is supposed to be coming from? FM12 was the last one I really played for a long time and apart from a few user friendliness changes (which are nice) it is pretty much the same.

Soldato
Ended up winning L1 so now in the Championship with Portsmouth. Not saying this to brag but I'm struggling to see where the extra difficulty is supposed to be coming from? FM12 was the last one I really played for a long time and apart from a few user friendliness changes (which are nice) it is pretty much the same.

I've got Crewe into the Championship after two seasons of avoiding relegation in L1 but I couldn't say I found some all conquering tactic. End up playing 4-1-4-1 or 4-4-2 to try to win the crossing-war from FBs/WBs.

Soldato
I had a good 2020/2021 season, finishing in 3rd and getting to the FA CUp final (lost to Man City 2-1 after leading 1-0).

eIwxDPAh.png.jpg

Amazingly I dominated my Champions League group in the next season, topping it above Atletico, Galatasaray, and Wolfsburg. I then knocked out Inter, Real Madrid, and now I'm in the semi-final against Juventus! Not sure how, as the league has been very hit and miss this season. Sitting in 7th with about 7-8 games to go. I need to qualify for the Europa League to meet board expectations.

I went out in the 3rd round of the FA Cup and League Cup though :(

Associate

To be fair, Portsmouth is pretty much an "easy mode" team to manage given that in terms of club stature, you are essentially a Championship club that happens to be in L2.

Associate
To be fair, Portsmouth is pretty much an "easy mode" team to manage given that in terms of club stature, you are essentially a Championship club that happens to be in L2.

Ok didn't know that. I know nothing about and have no interest in real life football (I just like FM as a management sim) :D

daz

daz

Soldato
I had a good 2020/2021 season, finishing in 3rd and getting to the FA CUp final (lost to Man City 2-1 after leading 1-0).

Looks good - what's your team like these days?

I ended up finishing 15th in the first season in the Prem with Ipswich, so we'll build on that this year I hope.

Back
Top Bottom