Football manager 2016

Caporegime
Yeah I was expecting it end of Feb. But haven't they stated April? They must have run into some significant problems. I know I found a couple of bugs for them :D

They haven't said any date. Just "When it's ready", which isn't really an acceptable answer (Nor can any company actually work on that ethos, there's no way they don't have an internal target etc), it's March for Christs sake. We've not had a database update in 6 months.

Every day I've got home expecting it to release, only to get disappointed. I'm hoping it's this week, or I'll just be annoyed. I've held off on playing a save for ages now.

Soldato
16.3 patch is out. Here's the changelist: http://community.sigames.com/showth...er-2016-Winter-Transfer-Update-16-3-0-OUT-NOW!

FOOTBALL MANAGER 16.3 - WINTER TRANSFER WINDOW UPDATE
================================================== ====

DATABASE
- Updated 'Winter Transfer Window' database included

STABILITY & PERFORMANCE
- Fixed crash on Linux when using multiple monitors
- Fixed rare crash during processing
- Fixed rare crash with Dutch league play-off match
- Fixed rare crash with Belgian European Play-off match

MATCH ENGINE
- Stop keepers punching the ball when making a save from a penalty
- Prevent a player from taking a throw in from behind the goal line
- Give more time at the end of the match when a team wins a competition
- Fixed missing commentary for competition win at the end of a shootout
- Fixed throw in issue which caused dead time

USER INTERFACE
- Fixed 'Potential' and 'Ability' filters showing incorrect players on Scouting page
- Fixed use of Match Analysis time bar during a match
- Fixed code showing in calendar when using Greek language
- Fixed rare issue where no conversation options presented when interacting with homesick player
- Fixed rare warning popup when interacting with player
- Fixed player faces sometimes appearing blue on Competition Stats panels after a match

COMPETITIONS & RULEGROUPS
- Fixed issue where user was not asked to name their Copa Sudamericana squad
- Fixed issues with removing players from the Disabled List in MLS
- Fixed incorrect generation of Under 19 teams in MLS
- Fixed rare instances of User not being able to participate in the MLS Superdraft
- Improved AI squad building and Designated Player signing in MLS
- Fixed issue where Yellow Cards in Brazillian leagues were incorrectly counted towards Brazilian Cup suspensions

TRANSFERS & CONTRACTS
- Fixed issue where some nations would start qualifying campaigns without a manager in place
- Fixed instance of sacked manager remaining in role
- Fixed instances of players not being removed from the transfer list after the player has requested to be removed
- Fixed instance of staff rejecting transfer offers for user's player despite not being instructed to do so
- Improved manager hirings in leagues that have been activated via the editor
- Improved the retention of goalkeepers by the AI throughout different squads
- Improved AI transfer & contract negotiations
- Fixed issue where Individual training for players returning from loan could be forgotten

TRAINING
- Improving effectiveness of Positional Training
- Fix for Allow Rest Before/After Match re-selecting itself
- Fix for Position/Role field returning blank

BOARD
- Improved long term board confidence to update club expectations
- Fixed issue where multiple ëBoard return feeder club verdictí news items were generated into the users inbox

STANDALONE EDITOR
- Fixed various crashes on specific Editor files
- Fixed specific instances of competitions not scheduling correctly in edit files
- Improved several error messages to be more helpful

IN GAME EDITOR
- Fixed issue with background kit not updating quickly enough to show the change when edited

NETWORK
- Fixed match score divergence between PC & Mac
- Fixed Must Respond timer issues
- Fixed Break Request issues

TOUCH MODE
- Fixed rare example of save game failing to load
- Fixed rare crash accessing in-match Tactics screen
- Fixed rare crash with Dutch league play-off match
- Fixed rare crash with Belgian European Play-off match
- Fixed rare crash with Italian Serie C playoff match
- Fixed Belgian Pro League fixtures not being scheduled in second season
- Fixed user being able to take control of Reserve teams
- Prevented job adverts for coaches and physios for national teams
- Removed age restrictions from Swiss Reserve Teams
- Ensured Austrian Premier Divisions enter into Reserve Competitions

VERSUS MODE
- Fixed issue where imported teams use incorrect badge

CREATE A CLUB
- Fixed reserve and youth teams not using the correct create a club kit colouurs
- Fixed issue where a created player could be cup tied indefinitely.

UNLOCKABLES
- Fixed issue where Design a Son could be applied when cancelling

LEADERBOARDS
- Fixed issue where Create a Club team names would be used instead of the userís club that earned the score

STEAM CONTROLLER
- Improvements to Steam controller functionality

Associate
I am really struggling to find consistency of any kind at the moment. My first save was with Brighton. Got promotion through the play-offs, signed a few really good players but got absolutely battered.

Started again as Liverpool, and just get results like in real life. Dominate one match, get smashed in the next. What sort of tactic seems to work better for Liverpool? I don't want a link to download one, but I have tried the 4-2-3-1 and also flipping that into a 4-1-2-3.

Also tried 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, through 2 different saves. Arranged extra friendlies to make sure all players were match fit. I won my first game 2-1 against Utd then lost the second 6-0 against Spurs! What in the blue hell is going on?!?!

Been playing the games for over half my life now! Annoying I cant get anything sorted in this one.

Man of Honour
OP
I tend to use tactics suited to the players, but generally i like fast wingers. AML or AMR, particularly. Work wonders for me. A single quality TM or poacher is great if you have the wingers. Then I like 2 defenders who stay back at all times. Big, strong guys. Two fast wing backs helps too. A decent midfield, either 2 CM's who are ball playing or box to box, and a good DM (usually an anchor) is essential if you have a single striker.

I tend to use fluid and control throughout, unless I'm seriously out played then I swap to defend, and slow.

Soldato
I go different and pick a tactic I stick with and buy players to suit my system, I find this game is far more unforgiving than earlier incarnations for the square pegs in round holes approach. I have no statistical evidence for this but I find if you play players in their position you get more out of them especially at lower levels where players are even less adaptable.

Soldato
I don't think i've played more than four FM months since release in this edition. Now that the winter patch is done I should probably give it more of a go..! Football has been depressing this season :p

Associate
I'm Celtic in my save so it's pretty easy to win the league. I've noticed that you always go through a bad patch every season but I always come out the other side. Trying to go places in Europe but I'm limited as I can't attract the best quality players.

Associate
Managed to get a game going as Liverpool and performing a bit better this time round!

Just had my intake of youth players, and a striker came up who looks like he could be decent in the future. I thought I may as well sign him straight to a full time contract and bung him into the starting line up.

So he has just joined the club, just signed his contract and the next day he is in the starting line up.

Hat trick.

Bloody hat trick!

Is Liverpool's youngest ever scorer now. William Humphries.... remember the name.

Soldato
I'm first season in championship as Wimbledon.

Budget is shocking 65k p/w, played 4 won 1, drew 2, lost 1 but can't see the season going so well overall as I don't have a squad with having no budget. I have a first team and that's it.

Soldato
Tempted to give this a go, tried 2015 but having it on my main PC i didnt play it much as i endee up playing other games.

Hopefully ill be able to run it on my laptop (I5 4200u) or on my htpc with a g3258. Will the intergrated graphics be enough to play this on?

Soldato
I haven't played any of the football managers in years, 2012 version was the last time I played it. I just got bogged down in all the detail and got bored, so I hung up my boots :)

But, I really want to get back into this game and give it another go. Has it improved since 2012?

I have a laptop with a core I5-4210 with intergrated graphics and 6GB of ram. It has a touchscreen. I was thinking of buying the touch version of Football manager. Will the laptop be able to run it ok? The touch version interests me because it's supposed to be like the older versions with some improvements, not as much micro management as the full game. Is this true? Or is it better to get the full game?

Back
Top Bottom