• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Associate
200 for a 980 Ti ?

cough cough

You haven't got a clue:p

Says the guy who kept recommending people to buy a 980Ti months/weeks before a new architecture, new memory, die shrink is on the horizon :o

Already a few people here showing regret listening such advice.

As for me not having a clue, I think only people paying more than £250 for a second hand old tech graphics card that is the 980Ti obviously doesn't know what's what.

People will still be able to get silly prices if for their 980Ti on the bay for a while, as they are simply uninformed. Bit like the guys who purchased the 980Ti recently :p

Soldato
Been holding on to this 780 far too long, thank you nvidia for choosing the 27th as a release date....my birthday on the 31st, makes it a lot easier to convince the missus that i need to spend £500 :p

Soldato
Great news about DP 1.4!!!! Means when I come to upgrade my monitor then it'll be a decent one :D

Wonder if AMD will only come with 1.3 :eek:

There's a slide out recently showing Polaris support DP1.3, and it only supports 4K 60Hz at HDR, not 120Hz like 1.4.

I don't think AMD expected NV to Jump on 1.4 so quickly. In fairness No one did. Display tech is usually gradually adopted, and 1.4 was only just released as well.

bcY4min.jpg

Caporegime
There's a slide out recently showing Polaris support DP1.3, and it only supports 4K 60Hz at HDR, not 120Hz like 1.4.

I don't think AMD expected NV to Jump on 1.4 so quickly. In fairness No one did. Display tech is usually gradually adopted, and 1.4 was only just released as well.

bcY4min.jpg

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!

It's Fury HDMI 2.0 all over again ;) :D :p

Caporegime
5710005_zpssd3iokd1.jpg~original

Associate
Having skim read ive missed a lot of info can someone educate me please.

I have a 970 and looking to upgrade is it time to move that on and buy one of these ? has there been an official release date ? and which one is the better jump from what i currently have, my 970 is in a mini itx so the new card needs to be the same size or smaller than the 970

Soldato
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!

It's Fury HDMI 2.0 all over again ;) :D :p
AMD will get away with this one. 4k/120fps or 4k HDR monitors are probably at least a year away. And Polaris will hardly be the type of card to power those sorts of targets anyway.

I would think that they'd want to go 1.4 for Vega, though.

Soldato
If the performance of this architecture is as good as they say, I'm betting they'll milk it dry, much like they did with Kepler.

Still the final iteration is going to be an absolute beast, hopefully 60fps 4k performance on a single card with no graphical compromises.

Back
Top Bottom