• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

No Pre Order or Official UK Price on the GTX 1080

Associate
Anything over £550 and i'm out.

Will just buy 2 cheap 980 Ti's off flee bay

This I sold my Ti for £500 roughly 4 weeks ago, I'quite happily buy a cheap one and pocket the change, might see what the 1070 can do if it performs around the same whilst running cooler and 8gb Vram, at the same price as second hand 980 Ti's it's a no brainer plus you get the warranty

Soldato
New Titan to be 2 grand then? lol.

Never ever though I would utter these words but if these trend continues I'll just be getting a PS5 and be done with it. PC gaming is already very expensive. I'm not paying any more. It's just not that important. Nvidia seem to think that EVERYONE is obsessed with VR. We aren't. Only a tiny tiny tiny proportion of the population are VR mad. VR on the next consoles will be slick as anyway.

Associate
OP
This I sold my Ti for £500 roughly 4 weeks ago, I'quite happily buy a cheap one and pocket the change, might see what the 1070 can do if it performs around the same whilst running cooler and 8gb Vram, at the same price as second hand 980 Ti's it's a no brainer plus you get the warranty

I've just sold 2 980 Ti for £900, i've seen them go for a lot cheaper now.

But i will buy another if these are silly prices

Associate
New Titan to be 2 grand then? lol.

Never ever though I would utter these words but if these trend continues I'll just be getting a PS5 and be done with it. PC gaming is already very expensive. I'm not paying any more. It's just not that important. Nvidia seem to think that EVERYONE is obsessed with VR. We aren't. Only a tiny tiny tiny proportion of the population are VR mad. VR on the next consoles will be slick as anyway.

Polaris might just stir things up a bit. Just need to have patience and see what AMD has to offer on June 1st. I would gladly spend £230 on a Polaris if it performed even close to the GTX 980 Ti (probably more realistic to hope for closer to GTX 980 performance, but realistically like an improved GTX 970).:p

Associate
The funniest thing was the meltdown fiasco over the Founder's Edition by NVIDIA spokesperson.

Reference- err I mean Founder's Edition!!!

Associate
The funniest thing was the meltdown fiasco over the Founder's Edition by NVIDIA spokesperson.

Reference- err I mean Founder's Edition!!!

they treat us like we're stupid he was trying to justify to the press and well known reviewers why the FE should be $100 more, we're not stupid we know it's not worth more, we know all this "quality components" mean Jack compared to AIB it's insulting if anything that they think we'll fall for this and it's the people that pre-order or buy on day one that Nvidia will love, I've only bought on day 1 once and that was the 980 Ti for £550 for the reference as it was/still is a fantastic card for it's price compared to the competition

Soldato
Polaris might just stir things up a bit. Just need to have patience and see what AMD has to offer on June 1st. I would gladly spend £230 on a Polaris if it performed even close to the GTX 980 Ti (probably more realistic to hope for closer to GTX 980 performance, but realistically like an improved GTX 970).:p

AMD aren't stupid though, just because Nvidia has priced ridiculously, don't expect AMD to come in with a card at half the price. They will come in just under Nvidia, maybe £20-£40 cheaper. They don't need to do anything more than that.

Nvidia have jacked up prices for the whole industry here. Thanks Nvidia.

Last edited:
Caporegime
they treat us like we're stupid he was trying to justify to the press and well known reviewers why the FE should be $100 more, we're not stupid we know it's not worth more, we know all this "quality components" mean Jack compared to AIB it's insulting if anything that they think we'll fall for this and it's the people that pre-order or buy on day one that Nvidia will love, I've only bought on day 1 once and that was the 980 Ti for £550 for the reference as it was/still is a fantastic card for it's price compared to the competition

"Quality Components" one being a cooler that can't hold an overclock for more than 10 minutes without choking.:p

Soldato

That makes me scared. I have spent more than that. You have now just made me realise exactly how much that was.

18df2b56513f75a0930a1b8f8eada16b1acb44ed986b69144e9f0abb8b2c5b33.jpg

Last edited:
Associate

With that in mind, what's the issue with the pricing? If the FE is £620, then hopefully the AIB/AIC versions are somewhere from £520-550 which isn't too unreasonable if it can beat out a 980 TI that's currently new-priced at about £500, and can compete with a Titan X which is £850?

The only upsetting thing is the lack of available non-FE models immediately available for those of us who are impatient, but don't want to spend a premium =/

Back
Top Bottom