Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (June Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 794 45.1%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 965 54.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Multi-millionaire Irish bloke who should be keeping his nose out sneering at fisherman who want their livelihoods back. Is this the remain campaign in a nutshell?

FTFY

A few friends of mine have stated that they don't feel welcome in the UK, that the air of nationalism and isolation is making them worried and they are discussing going somewhere else in the EU.

That's disappointing because I thought the whole crux of this matter was a rejection of the EU political system, not the European people. I certainly wouldn't want any of my European friends and colleagues to feel that they're not welcome here.

Last edited:
Associate
Boris would be a strange one I agree, but he is liked and that will probably get him the votes he needs, not sure on May, I like Rees-Mogg, but Im not a Tory boy

Neither am i.

Exactly. A sentiment shared by nearly everyone I've spoken to that supports Remain - especially in the context of the 'make Britain great again' argument. It's going back to what was mentioned earlier about classical sovereignty being an outdated concept in the current world. I think it's directly contrary to integration in the global sense both economically and socially so really can't see how we can 'fit in' while adopting that. It harks to an era long gone as far as the Western world is concerned.

Small fish in a big pond wouldn't you say?

But then who would they blame?! :eek:

Immigrants and the poor, as it has always been.

Associate
The article sounds pretty reasonable to me.

A few friends of mine have stated that they don't feel welcome in the UK, that the air of nationalism and isolation is making them worried and they are discussing going somewhere else in the EU.
That article is a load of twaddle sprouted by regressive EU lefties who don't appreciate how much money public services cost while they pander to the petty idealistic rainbow fantasy land of a feudal EU seeming to also forget the culture and ideological differences of each country and the glaring issue of a single currency.

^ That is how daft it sounds to me but in a form you'll probably feel is equally silly. [Note it's taking the pee :p ]

I am all for Europe. I am against the EU in it's current form and don't believe that it is malleable enough to be saved.

Soldato
I'm voting to remain.

In my opinion anyone who wants to vote to leave is critically misinformed, stupid, or both.

It's incredibly disconcerting how much false information is out there (take the post above about vetos for an example) and being used by people to make decisions and influence others. A quick ask around the canteen at work (a factory in Manchester) and it's blindingly clear people are set in their ways, despite the fact their ways are just plane wrong, spouting facts and figures that are just made up. The way both the in and out campaigns are being run is shocking. We should cancel the referendum as people are simply not informed enough to make such a critical decision and to allow them to do so is just wrong.

Bit harsh, don't you think?

I don't think you can tell anyone is plain 'wrong' in the instance of both remain and leave, as both sides have equally been saying facts and figures that are controversial.

Don
OP
That's disappointing because I thought the whole crux of this matter was a rejection of the EU political system, not the European people. I certainly wouldn't want any of my European friends and colleagues to feel that they're not welcome here.

My Mrs (Polish) feels this way too. She's very concerned that people don't want her here and that that feeling will deepen once we Brexit.

Soldato
Isn't it funny how the two regions with the most to gain from an out vote - London and Scotland - are the most pro-EU and the regions with the most to lose - the north, south west and south Wales - are the most anti-EU.

Caporegime
Hell. Brexit is rated a lower threat than Donald Trump potentially being elected and that happens soon. Then the French and German elections.

There is always some catastrophic event around the corner.

Everyone's forgotten about Ukraine, the oil "crisis", China's low growth, Russia, Israel, the virus spreading in Africa... It's laughable. Absolutely laughable.

I'm fully aware of other issues around the world, don;t be so ridiculous.

Oh sorry, I forgot...We're not allowed to have any other thought processes or think about anything else because you know, there is always something worse going on in the world.

:rolleyes:

Caporegime
Bob Geldof sneering at fisherman who want their livelihoods back. Is this the remain campaign in a nutshell?

Probably as much of the campaign in a nutshell as Farage - who bothered to turn up to just 1 of 42 meetings of the European Parliament’s Fishing Committee and failed to vote for measures to help protect UK fishing - pretending that he's out to help the UK's fishing industry.

Caporegime
Isn't it funny how the two regions with the most to gain from an out vote - London and Scotland - are the most pro-EU and the regions with the most to lose - the north, south west and south Wales - are the most anti-EU.

This is completely backwards. Rich London with it's international finance centres will be relatively unharmed by Brexit, it's the poor areas of the country which will be hurt the most.

Soldato
Mutineers!
1465996808517.png

Soldato
Probably as much of the campaign in a nutshell as Farage - who bothered to turn up to just 1 of 42 meetings of the European Parliament’s Fishing Committee and failed to vote for measures to help protect UK fishing - pretending that he's out to help the UK's fishing industry.

He probably thought that he could achieve more in the pub than to attend those meetings.:p

Associate
I'm concerned about the level of vitriol in this debate in general. No matter who wins the UK is going to be left very disunited.

Associate
I'm fully aware of other issues around the world, don;t be so ridiculous.

Oh sorry, I forgot...We're not allowed to have any other thought processes or think about anything else because you know, there is always something worse going on in the world.

:rolleyes:
I didn't for even a second insinuate that... Calm your old heart down dear :rolleyes:

Associate
That article is a load of twaddle sprouted by regressive EU lefties who don't appreciate how much money public services cost while they pander to the petty idealistic rainbow fantasy land of a feudal EU seeming to also forget the culture and ideological differences of each country and the glaring issue of a single currency.

^ That is how daft it sounds to me but in a form you'll probably feel is equally silly. [Note it's taking the pee :p ]

I am all for Europe. I am against the EU in it's current form and don't believe that it is malleable enough to be saved.

Perhaps if the MEP's we elected voted on things in the EU, we would have had change. Instead we elected Farage and his ilk who don't even turn up to vote while sucking on the the EUs teat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom