Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
They couldn't go it alone for 15 years. They would have been on the bones of their arses now if they had won the last independence referendum.

Yup. I don't see them going independent anytime soon.

In fact, when emotions settle down, and negotiations with the EU begin, the SNP might find themselves losing popularity in Scotland as people decide they don't want another referendum after all. Especially so if Labour can make a resurgence under a non-London based leader.

Man of Honour
So much doom and gloom on my facebook page. Remain people not happy - we are a democracy, not everything will go your way! Suddenly they think we are going to deport all the foreign workers. Get a grip!

Glad Cameron is stepping down.

I do love how this has united London and Scotland! Haha.

Man of Honour
I do wonder, if things become difficult, could we end up part of the European Free Trade Association?

I know the bigwigs at the EU are saying out is out and we've had it (an attitude I dislike immensely), but the reality is they need us as much as we need them.

Soldato
The discussion on the radio this morning discussed how interesting it will be regarding NI and the 300 mile open land border it has with ROI. Be interesting to see what they do to manage that again.

Associate
Half and Hour and we'll really see how volatile and toxic the World Markets are as the Dow Jones (or should I say more accurately the NYSE :o) opens 14:30 BST, it may be an even more rocky afternoon for the financial sectors.

https://www.google.fr/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=ftse

https://www.google.fr/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=dow jones

Not looking too bad.... back to "only" -2.5%ish after the US opened.

Do they hold these referenda/votes on a Thursday, so the results come in on Friday and therefore there is only one day of mental trading with a weekend to recover sanity?

Soldato
It never should have come to this but they wrecked the common market/alliance ideals with ever closer union, Shengen, the Euro and free movement.

To be fair, the origins of the European Coal & Steel Community were hardly well intentioned, what with Monnet's motivation being the neuturing of German industry in the Rhineland so that Europe could be Franco-centric again.

Associate
CluC68-WgAAWdVK.jpg

Obama's response.

Back of the what ... ?

Soldato
Millions of Joey Essex's generation out there who haven't got the first idea about how party leaders are, so don't try and give me 'the old know nothing' argument. Come on, the young are terribly disinterested with politics, maybe not your friends but most are.

History shows that that those with most experience of the EU voted to leave, I think by the time your generation got to middle age you'd feel the same. I see no reason to over-turn the demographics.

You're a graduate, so am I. We're not really that representative, even with mass access to HE we're in a minority - there's many more young people and middle aged people who won't have any access to Erasmus, or gap years...

Your final point is an excellent one, the over 60s signed up to a common market. Regrettably, the project from the outset was always about the creation of an EU super-state. They ruined a great idea.

The EU is failing badly, it is falling apart, you can't believe at your age especially that this country's only way forward was as a part of of a failed project?

You've more confidence in your country than that right?

Hang on, I have not made this in to an old vs young. your comment was older people have more exposure etc. I am pointing out that that's not always the case an I have met people of older generations who are inept on the EU as the millions of Joey Essex's. Not an old vs young thing, people of all ages or backgrounds can be seemingly oblivious.

No I think part of the issue with the EU was as a nation we have in part been one foot in one foot out. I think if we had MEP's who actually did there job at times we could have overall influenced the organisation a bit more to our will.

I am confident in the UK, but at the same time had confidence in the EU, and my personal opinion, obviously not shared by the majority is we were the better for it, for all its flaws.

Soldato
https://www.google.fr/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=ftse

https://www.google.fr/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=dow jones

Do they hold these referenda/votes on a Thursday, so the results come in on Friday so that there is only one day of mental trading with a weekend to recover sanity?

Thursday is picked for historic reasons. Its the furthest you can get away from the influence of Sunday Service, and means that people won't be drunk or hung over.

Soldato

Do they hold these referenda/votes on a Thursday, so the results come in on Friday so that there is only one day of mental trading with a weekend to recover sanity?

Yeah, not looking to bad, will have to see how many traders hold their nerves today. A surprisingly good recovery for the 100 considering it's opening trades, the 250 could do with gaining a bit more though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom