• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

Soldato
Got to hand it to Gibbo he knows how to sell! Really like the look of this, definitely on the short list. Just need to see reviews of the AIB cards to check which if any will be enough for 1440p.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Well I need a card now as I don't currently have anything.

Can't see the other AIB's being massively faster and if they are they'll probably demand a higher premium. Hopefully this one at only £20 more than most of the 8Gb cards, will do the job. Set myself a budget of £250 and I just about did it. :)

Caporegime
Will see what I can do, but I have said it before I am very sceptical on improved power and phase doing much for OC, but I do know the reference cards were a little handicapped on OC potential.

I think the realistic targets are circa 1400MHz core, I do not forsee any cards getting close to 1500 let alone 1600 on air or even water. But I would like to be proven wrong of course, but I think 1400MHz area is more realistic on AIB cards once overclocked. :)

Agreed, it looks like AMD are running these right on the edge again like the Fury/FuryX.

Damn shame tbh, I love me some free performance :(

/strokes 1080 :D

Soldato
Gibbo any news on other brands? I know Powercolor have the 480 Devil coming, MSI have a Gaming edition and Asus have a Strix, do you know if other vendors and making custom 480s?

I'm guessing Powercolor will be competitively priced as well?

Are HIS (sp?) Making one also do you know? It seems XFX have a DD version coming but I hope that they improved that cooler from the 290 days as it was terrible

Caporegime
Love the idea of removable fans, after a few months use they can lose efficiency due to dust and it is a pain in the proverbial having to unscrew and strip down the shroud to clean the fans and the heat-sink.

Along with the rest of my PC like to keep my cards crisp and like new, a particular pain on my Gigabyte WF 970 as one of the shroud screws is obstructed by the DVI

I'm surprised this idea has not caught on years ago, for custom PC builders its very much a plus.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why is everyone so keen for this one? Do we expect much of a difference with the 8pin supply and better cooling?

The custom cooled cards will allow better overclocking due to the cooler temps and plenty of available power. This should give us a true picture of what the maximum performance is for the Polaris.

Associate
Will be paying close attention to how this card performs, especially with that 8 pin connector.

If it weren't for the power throttling concerns I'd go for a 4GB.

Think I'm going to hold on for either a 4GB AIB or the 1060.

Back
Top Bottom