• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA to Unveil GeForce GTX TITAN P at Gamescom

Associate
I'd like a 1080Ti to upgrade my 980Ti, but I expect prices to be high enough to put me off this year. So I'll probably end up skipping this gen altogether.

Same boat as you, prices are way to high this gen so I'm skipping and just sticking to 980ti.

Hopefully the next gen is priced a bit more reasonable, or AMD comes up with something good for the high end.

Soldato
300-375w, it's gonna be a hot card.

Yep, having experiencing the 300-350W of my 390X, I'm now extremely happy with a 150W 1070. So much cooler in my study, much more pleasant. I don't really need the extra performance at the moment also, will stick with my 1070 until the next gen I think :)

Associate
If thats true and they are going to use GP100 for the titan then it is going to be massively expensive. It will be a great card if you need all of the compute functions of a Tesla for less but otherwise its probably not going to be worth it. Likely limited to the reference design only like previous titans.

1080ti on GP102 will be interesting. I expect it to clock much better then the GP100 titan so it may even end up beating it out for performance, especially with custom PCBs and 3rd party cooling solutions. This is the one to wait for!

Soldato
I need a game I cannot play on maxed settings in 4k before I can buy. I just don't need more power right now. Running doom maxed, ark survival evolved maxed, latest tomb raider maxed, assetto corsa maxed, forza pc maxed. Is anything coming soon that I'll need power for?

Witcher 3

/answered

Associate
I predict the 1080 Ti will be released in May with the Titan a few months before. I think the Ti will be at least 40% faster than the 1080.

I can't think of any reason why I shouldn't buy this. :p

Associate
well, we can complain about price for a long time but the point is that Nvidia does deliver the quality and what's what people pay for.

Of course a lot less people may buy at that price point though, so from a pure business perspective, will it be a good idea to price those cards so high and continue ramping up prices with every release?

I guess we'll see but I don't expect these high prices to be maintainable, not if Nvidia want to keep their share of the market. They are pretty high as it is, it would make sense for the prices to go down a lot as the manufacturing process gets cheaper, which it always does. There is a consumers breaking point and it looks like we are there already.

Back
Top Bottom