Civilization VI

Soldato
Artwork style looks like a tablet game. I'm really disappointed in that. I can learn to live with it if the gameplay redeems it though.

Man of Honour
Some people have commentated that it looks a lot better than the screenshots. Time will tell.

I'm one of those, when I first saw the screenshots I was very much in the WTF camp. Since then I've watched several videos of gameplay and its grown on me to the point where I actually quite like the aesthetics now

Permabanned
:confused:

You don't even have automated workers now. So you just click what improvement you want and boom, the worker vanashes into thin air and you get an instant factory or whatever.

So there goes one tactic of swiping an early game worker :rolleyes:

They've also implemented horrible fog of war visuals too. Obviously just to reduce system load so they can throw in pointless stuff like pretty day/night cycles.

It's Civilization, not SimCity :o

Soldato
OP
They've been periodically releasing leader videos which give a nice insight into who's the leader of that civilization and what their unique benefits are. Egypt got release yesterday but they've also shown England and America. Glad there's a shake up of the leaders and we're not just getting a rehash of 5's roster.

Soldato
Game looks amazing, if it's Civ 5 with smoother graphics and art style count me in.

I hope people aren't preordering. Better we order based on the finished product, not something that is months and months away.

Do people even preorder digital games anymore?

Wait nvm, that No Man's Sky is selling like hotcakes for preorders. I literally can't see a single positive from digital preorders lol. I guess you gotta get your order in before all the digital stock runs out... :cool:

Each to their own.

Soldato
OP
Japan look really nice. Glad they kept the Samurai as that unit was awesome. The new bonuses for tight packing districts sounds interesting. Not sure how effective that bonuses when on a coast will be though for units, can imagine much fighting is done there other than early game (assuming we'd still need tech before we can enter deep water).

Man of Honour
I'm still loving the graphics (after initially disliking them) they remind me a lot of Asterix :D

I am just hoping that someone makes a huge earth map asap after release. Something akin to Gedemons Yet Another Giant Earth Map

Soldato
I agree the graphics are good, and it will only take bit Sweetfx to make them even better :)

And excited about this game already, looking forward for the years of DLCs to come :D making it even better.

Caporegime
It seems there has to be a Marmite reaction to everything these days, you can only love it or hate it, it's ridiculous really. I didn't particularly like the art style when I first saw it, but some of the comments were so over the top. I'm more interested in the gameplay changes, that's what my purchasing decision will be based on.

Ita gotten ridiculous. Entitled man-babies everywhere.

Soldato
OP
Honestly the game could be potato quality in the graphics department but if they have nailed the strategy / core game then I wouldn't care. I'm surprised how many people are bothered so much by it. It's why Civ 4 is still so popular, the strategy in a 4x game is way more important than the eye candy. But I'm not agreeing that it's a bad looking game; personally I love the stylised "cartoony" graphics, it's very vibrant and refreshing.

Only thing right now I'm praying for in Civ 6 is good AI. Civ 5 wasn't bad (well, eventually, was horrific at the start) but it was too predictable and the difficulties levels were so cheesey. AI didn't get any smarter, it just got a headstart.

Back
Top Bottom