• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 1060

Soldato
Associate
We still looking at a £250-£300 launch price from OcUK?

Iirc that's pretty much where you expected them to be priced

should be closer to £250 if it's closer to £300 it's just too close to the 980 Ti that'll be 15% more expensive but offer much better performance, so a 1060 that has a purpose to offer good bang for the buck would be pointless, all the price cuts from last Gen could hurt this card whilst stock lasts. Fury at £299, 980 Ti at £349.99 980 £275 meh... we should be getting a performance uplift at a reduced cost, that's the point in a new release at least with an x60 product, I still say one of the best launches we had was with Kepler, were the 660 Ti and above beat out the last flagship 580, and prices were sensible, and if I remember correctly they were bundled with Borderlands 2 and Assassins creed 3

Caporegime
should be closer to £250 if it's closer to £300 it's just too close to the 980 Ti that'll be 15% more expensive but offer much better performance, so a 1060 that has a purpose to offer good bang for the buck would be pointless, all the price cuts from last Gen could hurt this card whilst stock lasts. Fury at £299, 980 Ti at £349.99 980 £275 meh... we should be getting a performance uplift at a reduced cost, that's the point in a new release at least with an x60 product, I still say one of the best launches we had was with Kepler, were the 660 Ti and above beat out the last flagship 580, and prices were sensible, and if I remember correctly they were bundled with Borderlands 2 and Assassins creed 3

Tbh, I'm not buying a xx60 card for more than £200, so I'm out.

Associate
if this costs more than a 480 then who will buy it?

you'd be suprised even if it is only around 10% faster people would be willing to spend more than 10% extra simply because it's Nvidia, brand loyalty, and like I said it's Nvidia, they know how to sell pretty well. :p typically 9 out of 10 people would buy a Nvidia card it it was the exact SAME in terms of price and performance compared to an AMD card. just the way it is unfortunately, this enables Nvidia to add a little extra on and people will still pay.

Back
Top Bottom