• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 1060

Associate
So hard to know right now whether to buy a 970 for about £160 or hold out for the 1060.

My head's telling me that the 1060 won't offer up that much more performance wise and i'd be better off with the extra cash.

I suggest you go for the 970 and save the cash.

In a few months you'll realise you made a mistake and look to buy an AMD card, so it'll minimise your loss.

Soldato
It won't be, the FE is £275. Even if that turns out to be the baseline rather than the previously stated £240, you'd have to be mad not to pay slightly more for the full version.

Have the prices been released? Do we know for definite the FE edition is £275?

Just based on the last few card releases, $299 would mean a £299 price in the UK.

DPB

DPB

Associate
Have the prices been released? Do we know for definite the FE edition is £275?

Just based on the last few card releases, $299 would mean a £299 price in the UK.

Yes, from Eurogamer:

Nvidia has just got in contact to reveal European and UK prices for the GTX 1060. We're looking at a base price of £239 for the card, translating into a 280 Euro price tag for those in France and Germany. Meanwhile, the Founders Edition card sees prices rise to £275/319 Euros. All prices include VAT.

Soldato
The 3gb isnt coming at launch is it afaik. Just the 6gb and that will be the 250 one and will be AIB one not ref so decent coolers etc straight from the bat. Tbh i dont mind if it might be a little slower than the 480 in some cases as id rather keep some of the tech the nvidia ones have like adaptive sync, fastsync, nvidia inspector support as amd has something bit like it but i dont think its as powerful.

Associate
Will aftermarket 1060's come with SLI?

I suppose that depends on how nvidia have disabled SLI on this card. I would assume no.

35% off the price of a 1070 (comparing founders editions). It certainly seems tempting...

I look forward to real comparisons with RX480 next week.

Soldato
Marketing a cut down version with less CUDA cores under the same name just seems bizarre really. Either it should be the 1050 or the 6GB version should be the 1060 Ti. Although they have form for doing it, as there were both 384-core and 448-core versions of the 560 Ti.

Soldato
So hard to know right now whether to buy a 970 for about £160 or hold out for the 1060.

My head's telling me that the 1060 won't offer up that much more performance wise and i'd be better off with the extra cash.

thinking about selling the Hybrids ;)

1060 has torn me for a Mitx build . specially since i have a thing for hybriding blower style ones. Installing a Universal one from any brand its easy in the 480 but not quiet so in the 1060.

Really interested in the VR of the 1060 against the 480, since it seems Nv have done well with the 1000 series. a battle of budget VR cards in my view . Specially with Console VR coming out, hopefully this will give a cheap option with superior quality

Associate
The very idea of a founders edition with literally zero benefit to it is such an insult.

Does it even say founders edition on the box? do you even get that?

I have used nvidia only since the 260 but they are really pushing it with this bs.

But dude, it looks soo shiney!

Caporegime
Hmm, somenoe in the comments talking of Indonesian pricing, saying that the Zotac 1060 FE is $306, and the Zotac AIB card is $336 there.

That is weird tho, because I thought you could only get the FE direct from nVidia? So most likely talking out his/her backside. :p

Associate
Back
Top Bottom