BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
So the 640d went yesterday, a day later than expected and missed my Birthday by 24hrs and was replaced by this

2.jpg

Permabanned
It's bizarre that people don't spec adaptive cruise. Even the very primitive system fitted to my car is great on a busy motorway, and I can imagine one fitted to an F10 would be 100x better.

Like me, some people dont travel on the motorway a lot. I might go on a motorway once a month. :)

Lots of options some people claim are "must haves" are really not, "imo".

(Though I wish I had added whatever I need for Spotify integration as I had thought it worked out the box :()

Soldato
A 640d to that?

The biggest downgrade ever on motors...ever?

Yep, life moves, on priorities change, did I like the 640d yes of course, would I have one again, possibly, but for now the Seat does what I need it to and doesn't feel like a small mortgage sat on the drive doing next to nothing other than depreciating like a lead balloon.

Associate
[TW]Fox;29898384 said:
Me too but it's utterly bizarre how many of them there are. One dealer in East Anglia has about 5 of them right now - all with no pro nav :confused:

Exactly, and I can hardly blame you for not paying 500 quid for it if you thought it worked just like the pre-facelift did. It was cool but a bit gimmicky. Whereas the LCI high beam assist is game changing - yet nobody was ever told.

Full Black Panel was a very rare option which was generally only found on cars with the HUD (HUD after March 2011 = free black panel) and never really optioned singly until it became standard from March 2014. It's actually really nice - the entire lower half of the dials is one big LCD and it allows you to display pretty much everything you'd ever want to see all at once. I now rarely flick through my OBC options as there is no need.

MFD is another step up again and looks super cool - but again, very infrequently selected sadly.

If you want a really good specification F10 with all of these cool bits fitted then you need to either:

a) Get very lucky
b) Order it yourself new

Adaptive Cruise with Stop and Go is brilliant and even now comes with Traffic Jam Assist where the car will STEER for you in traffic. Absolutely incredible system. Does anyone ever bother to option it? Nope :(

As for the LED headlights which became available at the facelift - how many have you ever seen on the road with them fitted? :(

<Cough> My 535d has all of these options ;). But then I selected option b) as I knew I wanted a car with a specification I wasn't going to find second hand. I think there were only a handful of options that I didn't end up getting.

The memorable quote from the BMW "Genius" showing me the car when I picked it up was "I'm not actually sure how half of these options work - we never normally see them!"

Adaptive LED lights are amazing (although if I'd known the Xenons also did the cool high-beam assist beam splitting thing after the LCI I may not have bothered speccing the LED and just gone for high-beam assist), and I really miss my HUD when driving cars without one now. Also Traffic Jam Assist is great while stuck doing 20mph on the M25 :D

Caporegime
<Cough> My 535d has all of these options ;). But then I selected option b) as I knew I wanted a car with a specification I wasn't going to find second hand. I think there were only a handful of options that I didn't end up getting.

The memorable quote from the BMW "Genius" showing me the car when I picked it up was "I'm not actually sure how half of these options work - we never normally see them!"

Adaptive LED lights are amazing (although if I'd known the Xenons also did the cool high-beam assist beam splitting thing after the LCI I may not have bothered speccing the LED and just gone for high-beam assist), and I really miss my HUD when driving cars without one now. Also Traffic Jam Assist is great while stuck doing 20mph on the M25 :D

Wo quote your BMW Genius....what is Adaptive LED, what is Traffic Jam Assist?

And I didn't know radar cruise also steer and it is capped at 32mph maximum?

Transmission breaker
Don
Anyone know why my e65 has two different main beams? Push away and you get a bright white and pull towards you and you get a more traditional colour??
It's odd, the push away are the ones tied to the auto main beam function, but I want it in the pull back control. Can it be coded that way?
Been meaning to ask for a while now!

Transmission breaker
Don
Ahh, cool. Thanks!
Got to move my dash cam now, as I unknowingly blocked the sensor for the automatic setting and using them without it is a pain.
Still really shows the difference in performance of the two types.

Transmission breaker
Don
Haha, never! It's saved me a load of hassle and cash twice now!
I only got one after I had a problem that would have been solved had I had a camera, and it's been fit and forget in three cars now. Well until I stuck it in the wrong place on this one!

Soldato
I'm happy to wait for the perfect one, colour isn't that important to me but the spec is and I want a DCT with heated seats and if possible, cargo through (can this be retro fitted?).

It's too soon to change my car yet, but I've decided not to remap it and put that money towards the Z4 instead.

I thought you only got that Volvo because you needed the space for your camera bag :p.

Caporegime
So...went to view a 6 series this morning.

Car listed on auto-trader as being for sale. Had sent the BMW approved used dealer a mail and they confirmed it hasn't been sold.

Drive down..."hi, i'm here to have a look at your 640d and hopefully take it for a test drive". "Oh sorry, you can't do that, it's still being prepped and hasn't been shipped to us yet".

You'd have thought that might have been a little detail they mentioned in their email to me!

Back
Top Bottom