BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
Did you make an appointment to view it? Always do that, never just turn up. Not only will they take you more seriously but you'll also avoid this sort of problem. I once called about a car in the same situation - not prepped. The result was that they took it out of prep for me to view and drive because they had time to make arrangements and I'd confirmed I'd be arriving.

Caporegime
I thought you only got that Volvo because you needed the space for your camera bag :p.

The Z4 actually slightly larger boot, with the roof up.

This is my C30 with a weekend gear in, it just fits, my tripod and light stands goes in the rear seat footwell. I've taken my camera case and tripod to try it out once and it fits fine, and there is room behind the seats for long objects like tripod anyway.

Soldato
The Z4 actually slightly larger boot, with the roof up.

This is my C30 with a weekend gear in, it just fits, my tripod and light stands goes in the rear seat footwell. I've taken my camera case and tripod to try it out once and it fits fine, and there is room behind the seats for long objects like tripod anyway.

Definitely ditch the C30 then, and get it done!

Associate
[TW]Fox;29898479 said:
The system on the F10 will drive you to work in traffic at up to 32mph and even steering round corners. It's incredible!

That'd do me for my commute. 12 miles of dull A road, but the last 3 miles are nice fast sweeping A road.
Saying that, i use cruise control as much as possible on the way to work, put it in EcoPro and relax.

Soldato
Another grand demonstration of RTTI being pap this weekend!

Drove up to London from Bristol saturday night, quite uneventful no problems on the way there. However driving back (around 1230am Sunday) and I get a big warning of a 47 minute delay between Swindon and Chippenham!
To it's credit it did indeed show the reason 'Severe accident one lane closed', but still a 47 minute delay at 1230am? Anyway I got closer and closer and it had rerouted to come off at swindon and rejoin the m4 after Chippenham, I thusly ignored it as I just don't trust the RTTI system at this point.
I hit the 'severe accident' and indeed 1 lane was closed, but as you can imagine going from 3 lanes to 2 for 2 miles at 1230am doesn't affect traffic all that much! Sailed through without so much as a cruise control adjustment, popped out the otherside and the ETA dropped by nearly an hour as if by magic. Terrible terrible terrible software.

Soldato
Another grand demonstration of RTTI being pap this weekend!

Drove up to London from Bristol saturday night, quite uneventful no problems on the way there. However driving back (around 1230am Sunday) and I get a big warning of a 47 minute delay between Swindon and Chippenham!
To it's credit it did indeed show the reason 'Severe accident one lane closed', but still a 47 minute delay at 1230am? Anyway I got closer and closer and it had rerouted to come off at swindon and rejoin the m4 after Chippenham, I thusly ignored it as I just don't trust the RTTI system at this point.
I hit the 'severe accident' and indeed 1 lane was closed, but as you can imagine going from 3 lanes to 2 for 2 miles at 1230am doesn't affect traffic all that much! Sailed through without so much as a cruise control adjustment, popped out the otherside and the ETA dropped by nearly an hour as if by magic. Terrible terrible terrible software.

I've experienced this a lot, too. It's not just at weird times that the system is rubbish, it's most of the time for me. It'll add random delays in where there is no issue and not warn me of real congestion.

Soldato
Eisenmann installed. Think opting for the race spec was a brave move. It's very loud with the connecting pipes that replace the 2nd resonator. Sounds brilliant on full chat though.

Associate
Found myself looking at autotrader at Z4...guess the itch is still there !

This one is 30miles away, looks decent spec, mileage but the aftermarket rear spoiler and failed MOT for illegal plate suggest it was once own by a boy racer of sorts.

I wouldn't say the spoiler and tyres mean it's been ruined by a boy racer. The MOT advisory is also nothing to worry about either. I got my Z4 MOT'd earlier this month by BMW and they also listed that as an advisory (but then had it removed somehow).

It's actually also almost fully loaded for a Z4 spec wise; adaptive suspension, heated seats, lumbar adjust, DAB and professional Nav, amongst other things like adaptive high beam assist lights.

However, the Autotrader advert lists comfort access (keyless entry and go), but I don't think it has that, which is a tad worrying. It's also not an Msport which does look better inside and out, but probably explains the lower asking price. Finally, the 293 wheels are one of the 19inch styles that are prone to cracks, so that's always something to consider.

It's also Kansas leather rather than Milano (may be the dealer getting confused with the merino leather offered on nicer new BMWs?). But it is the extended leather pack.

However, given the market at the moment £17k for a relatively low mileage 35i isn't bad. Back at the beginning of the year the early Msport 35i's were going for this sort of money though, so it may be worth your while to wait if you really are looking to buy.

I think the Z4 boot is actually surprisingly useful, you'll just need to move the roof back up if you're travelling with it down when carrying a lot of stuff.

Soldato
Eisenmann installed. Think opting for the race spec was a brave move. It's very loud with the connecting pipes that replace the 2nd resonator. Sounds brilliant on full chat though.

Fixed the clamps by rotating them. Garage installed them son they were touching and hitting the bracket underneath the centre pipe near to the cat. No more viberation and no more droning. Sorted.

Man of Honour
The spoiler on that Z4 would look fine if it was body coloured. Because it isn't, it just looks odd, like someone just stuck one on there. There are no other black trim bits on the exterior. It's not even a Competition Pack spoiler is it.

Man of Honour
Radar cruise on a Z4? Good luck - it isn't offered. Regular cruise is an option.

There isn't really many options available for the Z4 so finding one with Pro Nav and a DCT box won't be particularly difficult.

Associate
Quick question about BMW value service - does it apply to all non-current models, or does it apply to non current models only over a certain age?

E.g. will it apply to all F30's when the G20 model comes out in 2018?

Soldato
Took the M-Performance Kidney Grills off the 5 series today. Strange looking without them now. I think they set off the front end of a Sophisto motor great. I know they aint to everyones tastes, but they were to mine.

Now to try flogging them on ebay or the likes.

alx

alx

Soldato
I've started looking at E92 335i's - what's the max price you should really be paying for one of these? I know it depends on age, but the newer ones seem an awful lot for a previous gen car. Is an LCI worth it? For reference I'd be looking to get a sub 60k miler and stick a warranty on it.
Any advice welcome.

Back
Top Bottom