Sennheiser gsx 1000 thread?

Associate
Quick impressions after 20 mins.

-Build quality is lovely
-User interface is superb
-Size is much smaller then you'd think
-I don't think it drives the 650s very well, On 80% for mid level game volume and music doesn't sound quite right but might be my ears tuning in. Just sounds a bit veiled like the old hd555s. Really wish I had something other to test. But I don't think it works with the 650s very well.
-Surround sound though is insanely good. BF1 is just insane. Much better then recent SBX. Can hear elevations. Back cues really accurate and you can hear whats going on everywhere. Every little detail. Its really impressive. My main thing on PC is gaming so I'm think of getting some easier to drive phones to test. The 650s are perfectly serviceable on it but lacking. Music just doesn't sound right. Lacking detail and very bass heavy with the 650s. Its like turning up the volume makes it more boomy but not louder.

Edit: Have ordered some HD599 to try with it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour

-Build quality is lovely
-I don't think it drives the 650s very well, On 80% for mid level game volume and music doesn't sound quite right but might be my ears tuning in. Just sounds a bit veiled like the old hd555s. Really wish I had something other to test. But I don't think it works with the 650s very well.
-Surround sound though is insanely good. BF1 is just insane. Much better then recent SBX. Can hear elevations. Back cues really accurate and you can hear whats going on everywhere. Every little detail. Its really impressive. My main thing on PC is gaming so I'm think of getting some easier to drive phones to test. The 650s are perfectly serviceable on it but lacking. Music just doesn't sound right. Lacking detail and very bass heavy with the 650s. Its like turning up the volume makes it more boomy but not louder.

Doesn't surprise me based on the specs - I've seen that with the 600 series a lot with insufficient amps where the bass is uncontrolled, bass and treble kind of "collapse" and mid-range lacks articulation.

Associate
Doesn't surprise me based on the specs - I've seen that with the 600 series a lot with insufficient amps where the bass is uncontrolled, bass and treble kind of "collapse" and mid-range lacks articulation.

That's bang on Rroff! exactly what is happening.

Again though I can't say enough good things about the surround. Its simply better then the Mixamp, Razer, G5, Sound blaster ZXR and Asus combined. having owned them all. Its like a posh Mixamp. Very well made unit with sublime surround. I swear on bf1 you can almost feel the direction of the wind blowing. Its very very immersive.

Soldato
Really impressed with this, at the end of the day I bought it to run a Sennheiser Game One headset and it does a fantastic job. I have a pair of HD650's & LCD'2's which I run on a Bottlehead Crack & Woo Audio WA6-SE I was not expecting it to run music headphones that's not what it is designed for you only have to look at the box "Gaming Series GSX 1000".

Associate
If that's the case am sold thanks

I hope you enjoy it! Its a lovely well thought out bit of kit. When idle the lights are dim and once you hand get close even without touching it lights up with all the details. Really nice :D

The jog wheel is really nice as well. Weighted and feels rock solid.

Associate

-Build quality is lovely

Thanks for the review, interested in this for my setup as I generally play FPS games online. Wonder how well they would drive AKG K712 pro's...

Soldato
I hope you enjoy it! Its a lovely well thought out bit of kit. When idle the lights are dim and once you hand get close even without touching it lights up with all the details. Really nice :D

The jog wheel is really nice as well. Weighted and feels rock solid.

Only thing I found about mine is it doesn't like my motherboards usb3 ports. Everything would work fine but the jog wheel would not turn the volume up or down (un plugging and re-plugging the usb cable would make it work fine) Connected it to a spare usb2 port on the motherboard and it now works as it should.

Soldato
Thanks for the review, interested in this for my setup as I generally play FPS games online. Wonder how well they would drive AKG K712 pro's...

Not very well going by what was said about the HD650. AKG's are insensitive and need more oomph than the Senn's do.

Associate
Cool, report back soon! Running with some HD599s. Perfect combo! sounds superb. Forgot how good the HD598s were for gaming.

Back
Top Bottom