Titanfall 2

Associate
Awesome, will join tonight.

God this game is really fun. MP is starting to click more and more with me now. Tried the LStar last night and didn't like it. Was far too wild for me. Also bought the DMR sniper and it's good but I think I preferred the Double Take.

L star is one of few projectile weapons. you need to lead your target pretty significantly due to tragvel time so its going to be wonky. The DMR is the only hitscan sniper rifle, so its really awesome. If you have an Amped wall in front of you it one shots targets with no risk of getting shot back, great for cross level standoffs in Hardpoint or Bountry hunt. or you can have the invisibility perk and get a first shot off and quickly double tap him for a kill.

Man of Honour
LSTAR is really good at close/medium range when firing from the hip. It's one of the guns that needs a nerf IMO, along with the volt.

Soldato
I'm exclusively shotgun atm. Up to level 17 on the EVA-8 or whatever it's called. Really want the wide spread shotgun but haven't got enough credits.

Soldato
Have you gotten over your hate for sniper rifles yet? I've had so many good games with the double take in objective modes. Plus it's very satisfying headhshotting someone whilst they are wall running.

A bit gutted that the wall hang doesn't allow you to use your scope when you enable it

Man of Honour
No, as 9/10 when there's a sniper on my team we lose. They seem to care more about kills than objective gameplay, which in Hardpoint ironically gives less points.

A decent sniper protecting the 'home' Hardpoint is a valuable asset, especially if they call for help if overrun. But more often than not they just seem to make up the numbers.

Soldato
I've found some of my best supporting roles has been from sniping. Not so much in a mode like bounty hunt but in CTF/AHP I've found i've done well taking out people stealing my base or flag.

But yeah, snipers who stay stationary annoy me. I tend to spend about 15 seconds in a spot before moving to another vantage area. Plus with Gravity Grenades and a well placed pilot sentry you can do well

Associate
I don't think you can take much damage before dying, I.e. you have a small health bar. Therefore most weapons appear to be OP. The Lstar does NOT need nerfing - it comes with a massive disadvantage, the projectiles are slow so you have to lead the target. Just unlocked the devotion lmg, holy **** it packs a punch at long range. Currently running about with that and I love the firestar - throw it at a titans cockpit to do decent damage and blind them.

Associate
No, as 9/10 when there's a sniper on my team we lose. They seem to care more about kills than objective gameplay, which in Hardpoint ironically gives less points.

A decent sniper protecting the 'home' Hardpoint is a valuable asset, especially if they call for help if overrun. But more often than not they just seem to make up the numbers.

I find it annoying when nobody switches to a class with anti titan weapons when they clearly outnumber us in titan count. there is zero penalty for switching mid round (after death I mean, boosts are independent of class). And you do lasting damage that cannot be regened so every shot counts.

play any proper game people will constantly move wall run.sitting still is a nono.
yes and no. With invisibility tactical you can ofter get easy 2 shots off on a pilot running towards you before he can react. People tend to overestimate their mobility, you can get good hits on people who run in the open the only counter being phasing or stimming. In amped hardpoint and bounty mode people are often focused on objectives (shooting grunts in clear view or sitting still next to hardpoint) you can get easy pickings. You can get first blood pretty reliably. my flowchart tends to be first blood -> 5 grunts-> smart pistol 10 grunts -> titan within the first 2 minutes.

Although you do have to keep moving to throw them off your position

Last edited:
Associate
Contemplating buying this, how many players online at anytime?
And are there problems searching for specific MP game modes?

All covered pretty well over the past few pages.

Past 6 pages have no mention of any figures so you're wrong about that.

Is it really that difficult to just post up to date player counts rather than an unhelpful post?

Back
Top Bottom