1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Titanfall 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ~>Dg<~, Apr 11, 2016.

1. SS-89

Sgarrista

Haha I gave up on multi-gpu last year. I've tried crossfire and SLI and my conclusion until they can get it to work on a hardware level it isn't worth the hassle of relying on developers and drivers.

(Speaking from experience of 290x Trifire/970 and 980 SLI)

Joined the OCUK network earlier.

2. Choimaloy75

Hitman

Ha, I'm at the end of my tether with xfire but I'm kinda stuck with it as I have a 4K monitor so I need the performance when it works.

3. ChrisD.

Capodecina

I don't know player numbers at any one time, I'm not sure anyone does.

You'll always find a game unless it's late on at night and it's worth getting.

Doesn't work with SLI AFAIK so doubt Crossfire would. It doesn't need high specs to run.

4. Smok3y

Wise Guy

What would you call late on at night? I was playing from 11pm - 1am last night and there was 500+ players from my region. The player count for my region in the morning was around 150 yesterday and went up as it got later.

5. ChrisD.

Capodecina

Friday night at about 1am (so Sat morning) there wasn't enough to make a game in Hardpoint, but there was in other modes. That's the only time I've experienced an issue finding a game.

6. JunglistE

Mobster

That's why I stay in the mixtape playlist. Often finds games and you get different modes.

Last Titan Standing is growing on me

7. Tupro

Hitman

got some time to give this a go today and started single player, its not bad so far..
    going to give multiplayer a try and see how bad i am against real people :p

8. JunglistE

Mobster

[​IMG]
    :(

EA Really messed this one up

9. Tombstone

Capodecina

Am I reading that right? 81 players? That cant be right can it?

10. SS-89

Sgarrista

It isn't total, it's the amount of players in his region (which I think is based on the datacentre selected.

Saying that during the week there are only around 6k players on the pc version so it's not exactly massive. I'm hoping the sales and upcoming christmas/new year period will see this get the love it deserves.

11. Casdawer

Mobster

Picked this up yesterday for £26 and boy am I happy I did!

I loved the original Titanfall so was only a matter of time before I picked up 2.

The MP is just as fast and manic as 1 and the grappling hook is great fun!

I really hope that the sale boosts the player base as it would be very sad for this game not to get the recognition it deserves!

12. JunglistE

Mobster

Yeah, I was playing 6v6 mixtape as that had 126 players but thought I'd have more luck in the amped playlist. Wrong.

13. Aloreth

Wise Guy

I have never seen less than 5k people in game (London data centre)

14. JunglistE

Mobster

I can't remember which Data centre I'm on, I would have guessed London.

Just nights seem very quiet for me. Would check it out after work but I have Pokemon getting delivered.. Priorities and all that.

15. AdladUK

Wise Guy

I've not been this hooked on a game for a long time. Just reached G4 and still find it fun to play.

Like you say the speed and smoothness of multiplayer is awesome. It's just a shame they released at such a bad time and went head to head with BF1 and the new CoD. Everyone seems to be playing those at the moment.

Looking forward to the DLCs... Does anyone know when the first one is coming?

16. JulioH

Hitman

Do you only play with players in your region or does it match worldwide?

17. f3rr3t

Gangster

Loved the first one. Will probably pick this one up at the weekend with all the deals flying about at the moment.

18. AdladUK

Wise Guy

Had a bunch of really suspicious kills lately (people knowing exactly where I was before they should even be able to see me).

Did a quick search and found 5 or so sites and YouTube vids selling various aimbot and wallhack programs, specifically for TF2. Kinda sad given how small the community already is. Just puts me off playing

19. JunglistE

Mobster

I hope that isn't true!

Had a few great games on the attrition mode last night. The DMR is incredible once you get used to it. Headshots or 2 chest shots to kill. Even good in close quarters as long as you have the perk which allows quick ADS.

Also unlocked the Volt. I can see this being my go-to SMG over the CAR

20. AdladUK

Wise Guy

Just search on Google, there's a bunch of them on the 1st page. Even people showing them running in-game on YouTube. I was skeptical too at first, but it seems like a widespread problem. I doubt much will be done about it either.

I've tried all the guns now and for me the R-201 is king. It has a solid range and still maintains serious damage at close quarters. For titans I play Legion with Sensor Array. In Bounty Hunt it's unstoppable.

Anyway probably gonna give the game a break for a while. Like I said, seeing all those sites and videos showing hacks has kinda put me off