Pokemon Moon and Pokemon Sun

Associate
I've got an entire box dedicated to my level 100s. My level 100 Archeops with the acrobatics attack is insane.

Amazon has posted Moon but still saying tomorrow for delivery. Hoping it'll be there when I get home.

I had an Archeops in Black (which I've transferred over to the Bank since). It also had Acrobatics and was one of the few 5th gen Pokemon I actually liked (cos the rest were lame IMO).

My copy ordered directly at Nintendo's Official store (for an extra few quid) arrived today. I've opened up the included figurine and stuck in on the bookshelf. It also seemed to include some sort of promotional material booklet, which I thought was an actual physical manual at first.

Looks like the QR thing only makes Pokemon appear on the map in-game (you actually have to go and find them in the grass), and even then, only some will do that. Others just add to the seen list in the Pokedex. It also mentions that Z-power thing, looks like there's some sort of NFC ring toy thing that works with the game? Gimmicky as hell and a waste of money IMO (when you can just have the item in-game).

I'd take a picture of the stuff, but I've got back from work and feel too lazy to do it.

I've still got to complete my current play-through of OmegaRuby, only just coming up to Mt. Pyre.

Caporegime
I've got an entire box dedicated to my level 100s. My level 100 Archeops with the acrobatics attack is insane.

Amazon has posted Moon but still saying tomorrow for delivery. Hoping it'll be there when I get home.

Shame Archeops has one of the worst abilities in all of pokemon. As it looks one of the coolest.

Also it's outclassed by Gale Wings fletchling due to the priority that gale wings provides...://

Soldato
Shame Archeops has one of the worst abilities in all of pokemon. As it looks one of the coolest.

Also it's outclassed by Gale Wings fletchling due to the priority that gale wings provides...://

I think it has to have that poor ability otherwise it's a bit OP. Has a great STAB and hits hard and quick. It's my go to 'Oh I want to kill this guy quickly' pokemon.

Caporegime
I think it has to have that poor ability otherwise it's a bit OP. Has a great STAB and hits hard and quick. It's my go to 'Oh I want to kill this guy quickly' pokemon.

He can be used but only really outside competitive play. Anything like Scizor with priority bullet punch or anything with aquajet will either OHKO or 2 hit ko and put him in defeatist range.

Anything steel type will also wall him.

As i say Gale Wings and acrobat priority outdoes this pokemon for usability everytime.

Soldato
But that is why mine has earthquake. And he's damn quick. He has his weaknesses but I do think it gets overlooked as a Pokemon.

Mind you one of my favourite Gen 1 Pokemon is Butterfree so take from that what you will :p

Yay, just had confirmation that Moon will be waiting for me when i get home

Soldato
Me and the missus got a New 3DS XL each and Sun and Moon.

Looking forward to getting stuck in, not played a Pokemon Game since Yellow first came out!

Anything I should be aware of early on?

Caporegime
But that is why mine has earthquake. And he's damn quick. He has his weaknesses but I do think it gets overlooked as a Pokemon.

Mind you one of my favourite Gen 1 Pokemon is Butterfree so take from that what you will :p

Yay, just had confirmation that Moon will be waiting for me when i get home

Yes it does have great speed its true. However aquajet or steel bullet will always hit first and may ohko.in the meta game its alright. Competitively not so much.

Man of Honour
Having fun but ffs - why in the love of holy **** do they have a power off button on the bottom of the 3ds. I lost about 2 hours of Zelda to that before (9 months ago) and I just lost 2 hours of pokies. What utter bull! *fume*

Soldato
Brought a 3DS XL (sun and moon edition) and Sun today. Not played a pokemon game since Ruby and so excited to really get stuck in. Not had much time today but will get a few hours in tomorrow :D. So far the console seems really nice, game looks amazing and really excited too see how it plays out.

Associate

+1 There's a similarly amazing new Pokemon in this game called
Wishiwashi, which has amazing stats (among the best in the game), but it's ability means it gets ridiculously weakened at 1/4 of it's max HP.
It's all for balance, otherwise these OP Pokemon would sweep the floor.

I'd say using anything other than the 3ds and the base cartridge, or exploiting any known glitch, is cheating. Basically, if you're not playing the game the way it was designed to be played.

Pokemon Bank is cheating? Plus, cheating has always existed in Pokemon, though now the reasons to cheat are dwindling since the games have gotten far too easy. Why even bother if it's so easy?

Gale wings is now nerfed so it only works when on full HP irc

Makes me especially sad since I missed out on Talonflame in gen 6 before the nerf. This nerf turns an awesome Pokemon into an average Pokemon IMO. Though it remains a true glass cannon regardless. A bunch of other moves got buffed in the meanwhile though. One bug type move went from being useless, to being a handy staple.

Man of Honour
No, smart Alec :p, I wouldn't consider Pokémon bank cheating in the traditional sense for a multiplayer experience if it was agreed it could be used between you. Would defeat the whole point of playing through the game though I think.

Caporegime
Brought a 3DS XL (sun and moon edition) and Sun today. Not played a pokemon game since Ruby and so excited to really get stuck in. Not had much time today but will get a few hours in tomorrow :D. So far the console seems really nice, game looks amazing and really excited too see how it plays out.

Can you remember which firmware it came with?

Gale wings is now nerfed so it only works when on full HP irc

Wow stealthrock wins again!

Back
Top Bottom