NFL 2016 Season

Associate
Apologies I can't be helpful, as I don't use an Xbox One to watch GamePass. I tend to watch GamePass on either a PC or an Android device. It's usually fine most of the time, but I can experience stopping, stuttering of the stream, particularly on the more popular games. For example no one will watch the toilet bowl (Niners @ Bears) today so this should be solid but switch over to RedZone and there's more chance of issues. I don't think it's my connection or devices but their servers.

Thanks for the information, gave it a try on various games and didn't help. Pretty sure the issue is localised to the Xbox as I watched all the Ravens game and then Redzone on iPad and PC last night without issue but got stuck on the Xbox NFL app after 10 mins.
General question to all here:

How do y'all decide which NFL team to support?

Here in the states there are a large number of soccer fans that support teams from all over.... mostly they decide based on a name or the colors and in some cases they may have an attachment to that particular team, parents or family from that area.

Anyways, since the NFL is really only played in the US, I'm just wondering how y'all decide.

Raven by chance really, before I really fell for the sport I just fancied watching a super bowl and had some friends round to watch it. I didn't know much about the game so a more knowledgeable friend suggested I watch some of the play-off games ahead of the Super Bowl, I picked a random team in the wildcard rounds to watch, it was the Ravens and they went on win the whole thing in 2012/13 season. Thought I may as well stick with them.

So pretty much joined at the top and it's been a downhill ride every season I've followed them. I can pick 'em.

Associate
Thanks for the information, gave it a try on various games and didn't help. Pretty sure the issue is localised to the Xbox as I watched all the Ravens game and then Redzone on iPad and PC last night without issue but got stuck on the Xbox NFL app after 10 mins.

Yep, ignore me. GP was faultless all night on the Bears and RZ feeds (PC & Android). I didn't read your original post properly so missed it was just Xbox One app that you had issues with. It's just memories of the early GP service anytime something goes wrong.

I've seen your post on NFLUK so hopefully someone comes back with some thoughts.

Soldato
Oh... it's Dallas! Make no mistake about that. :D

thoughts on jerry jones comments regarding tony romo?

"I think Romo is going to get his opportunity," Jones said. "I don't want it to happen. But I think he may get his opportunity to get us a Super Bowl. While that's a mixed bag when I think about it — that means you don't have Dak out there — but it means, what a story, one for the ages, if he'd step in there and this year help us win a Super Bowl on the field with his skill. That can happen here. We're not talking about a bus driver out there. We're talking about a guy who can go out there and move our team."

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...tt-backup-2017-super-bowl-dying-inside-120916

Associate
I caught some of the game whilst watching a Youtube channel called 'RaiderCentral' last night. Quite entertaining watching a passionate fan watching the game. :)

Has anyone watched Last Chance U on Netflix? I'm just wondering if anyone from that programme has gone on to play in the NFL. Or are they still a bit young?

Associate
I've just done this 'Which NFL team should I support?' questionnaire and I'm going to go with the result despite the random questions.

My team is now the Chicago Bears. Oh dear. :)

Associate

It's Jerry Jones..... We still haven't figured out what language he speaks, but we know it's not English. :D

On a more serious note, I know that Jerry is very, very, loyal to many players and especially Tony. I do believe that the decision to go with Dak, while obvious to the most casual observer, was difficult for him. He truly wants Tony to win a SB with the Cowboys but now realizes that the only way that will happen is if Dak is injured. He's between a rock and a hard place.

All things considered, it's best to just take what Jerry says with a grain of salt and a wait and see attitude.

Soldato
It's Jerry Jones..... We still haven't figured out what language he speaks, but we know it's not English. :D

On a more serious note, I know that Jerry is very, very, loyal to many players and especially Tony. I do believe that the decision to go with Dak, while obvious to the most casual observer, was difficult for him. He truly wants Tony to win a SB with the Cowboys but now realizes that the only way that will happen is if Dak is injured. He's between a rock and a hard place.

All things considered, it's best to just take what Jerry says with a grain of salt and a wait and see attitude.

yh watched first take saying he jinxed Dak, I don't get him

Yeah, it was only on the Sky Sports website. Like I say, totally random questions.

got Seattle Seahawks lol

Associate
The NFL's Biggest: Cheaters

lol people say the patriots cheat the most

Yeah, I think you can file that under 'fake news'. I clicked on the Denver Broncos, ranked #1 on their list, and found the primary reason for them being listed #1 was PEDs. :confused::confused:

How, exactly is that a team issue? It's a personal decision made by each player in the league. You can't hold the team responsible. And, when they're caught it's the team that suffers by losing a starting player.

Soldato
Yeah, I think you can file that under 'fake news'. I clicked on the Denver Broncos, ranked #1 on their list, and found the primary reason for them being listed #1 was PEDs. :confused::confused:

How, exactly is that a team issue? It's a personal decision made by each player in the league. You can't hold the team responsible. And, when they're caught it's the team that suffers by losing a starting player.

other stuff like spygate?

jets in 2006
broncos in 2010

people / media focus on the patriots 07

Back
Top Bottom