What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
The Siege of Jadotville

I would give it 6/10. I quite enjoyed it overall really, the action was relatively entertaining for a film that I'm guessing didn't have a massive budget compared to other war films.

Caporegime
Blair Witch - 5/10 nothing really awful about it, just no good really as a sequel to the Blair Witch which is still one of my favourite ever horror films

The Autopsy of Jane Doe - 8/10 This was really a great film, told it's story very well and I liked the ending a lot, didn't see it coming at all.

Now I want to watch some more horror.

Soldato
Looper -- 7/10

Time-travelling neo-noir? Yes, please. Keeps your grey cells moving, even if some bits are contrived and not physically that sound. But then again, what sci-fi avoids fudging for dramatic effect? :)

Caporegime
Deadpool - 4/10

If you don't find this film funny, then it does absolutely nothing that other Marvel films don't do 10x better. I didn't find it funny.

The jokes are supposed to carry the film; indeed when people praise the film it almost entirely revolves around its "sense of humour".

But for those of us who don't find crass, mindless American humour in the slightest funny, there is only a very mediocre, unoriginal, uninspired, seen-it-all-before film that never leaves cruise control for a moment.

Associate
Jaws (the original)

Classic film. Had it on the projector too and looked pretty good. Few dated moments, sure, but still holds up well! Great main characters and brilliant banter between them makes the film for me. That scene at the end is still horrifying too!

9/10

Soldato
Deadpool - 4/10

If you don't find this film funny, then it does absolutely nothing that other Marvel films don't do 10x better. I didn't find it funny.

The jokes are supposed to carry the film; indeed when people praise the film it almost entirely revolves around its "sense of humour".

But for those of us who don't find crass, mindless American humour in the slightest funny, there is only a very mediocre, unoriginal, uninspired, seen-it-all-before film that never leaves cruise control for a moment.

On first cinema viewing I enjoyed it. When it hit sky I rewatched it and dislike it quite a bit. I guess like you say, without the humor, it's a lacking film.
The more you watch it the more Reynolds grates on you.

Soldato
Deadpool - 4/10

However as a comic book adaption, there's nothing better out there, it literally is the comic but on big screen.

It's quite marmite, I get that, it personally tickles me with a lot of the humour but I can be quite puerile. The story is lacking but this was a movie to get people used to the character, I believe with Deadpool 2 the plan is to do a more serious story with Cable.

It did so well as it was a breath of fresh air against all the dis-marvel cookie cutter movies. I'm burnt out on Marvel universe movies, they literally all have the exact same formula just with interchangeable characters.

Back
Top Bottom