What film did you watch last night?

I decided to watch Clean and Sober starring Michael Keaton 1988.

I thought the film would be an interesting subject given the drunkenness and sobering up that goes with the celebration of the New Year.

I love Michael Keaton, and it is a film I hadn't seen, so made sense for me to cross it off my list.

His performance is pretty good in this, but the film feels disjointed in places and this let's it down. Otherwise overall I thought it was worth a watch if you like Michael Keaton and are interested in the subject matter. I can't say how accurate any of it is, in terms of his portrayal of an addict etc, as I have no experience on the subject matter. But like I said, it is worth a watch if you like Michael Keaton movies like me and wanted to cross it off your list.

6/10

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, except it was the Swedish version as I am a snob and can cope with reading subtitles without herniating my brain, so it's actually called Men Who Hate Women. I've seen it several times before but I think this was the first time I really grasped what was going on, maybe because I was actually paying proper attention for once. It's really good. The story is well told and it's a good mystery, the villains are horrible, the heroine is badass as all hell... it's great.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, except it was the Swedish version as I am a snob and can cope with reading subtitles without herniating my brain, so it's actually called Men Who Hate Women. I've seen it several times before but I think this was the first time I really grasped what was going on, maybe because I was actually paying proper attention for once. It's really good. The story is well told and it's a good mystery, the villains are horrible, the heroine is badass as all hell... it's great.

The whole trilogy is good, worth watching the others too, if you haven't already :)

Suicide Squad

Hated Jared Leto as the Joker, played it really badly and just came across as trying too hard. That role is a poisoned chalice now, no one will top Heath Ledger.

The rest of the film was awful, characters were introduced terribly and no development, the enemies were terrible and it just seemed like such a poorly thought out storyline. No idea how they messed it up so badly.

3/10

I found the new version just as good in it's own right, though Daniel Craig is a little miscast. Being a David Fincher film too, it looked amazing.
I might rewatch the original trilogy again now :)
Also, I just can't believe the next film is going to be the one written after his death. Completely bizarre choice, and not even involving the same cast or director from what I've read...

Steve Jobs with Michael Fassbender. Don't know really, can't say I overly enjoyed it or got bored of it either. Just hard to follow and didn't really seem to get going. Just lots and lots of dialogue and arguments. I also don't really know much about Apple and it's history which didn't help. Meh.

Silence (2016) - 8/10

A long and overly detailed story of religious persecution in Japan.

The film effectively brings across both points of view without villainising either side.

The story is interesting but loses is way in the middle and the ending goes on and on, but it is a powerful and often brutal story of devotion to one’s faith no matter what.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

1/10

I was sceptical how bad this would be, but it was even worse than the reviews suggested. Terrible script.

Try to find a positive, err Amy, Gal & Tao are hot? :/

Assassin's Creed- good in parts but very....... "incomplete" is the best I can articulate. Something missing that makes this film click. Some of the scenes in 1492 was great but unfortunately doesn't make up the Lack of substance. Michael Fassbender is very good but the script imo lets it down. Overall it was a little disappointing but wasn't entirely bad.

6/10 - worth a watch if you follow the franchise.

Last edited:
Assassin's Creed- good in parts but very....... "incomplete" is the best I can articulate. Something missing that makes this film click. Some of the scenes in 1492 was great but unfortunately doesn't make up the Lack of substance. Michael Fassbender is very good but the script imo lets it down. Overall it was a little disappointing but wasn't entirely bad.

6/10 - worth a watch if you follow the franchise.

As long as it was a bit better then warcraft ill watch it.

Back
Top Bottom