What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Assassin's Creed- good in parts but very....... "incomplete" is the best I can articulate. Something missing that makes this film click. Some of the scenes in 1492 was great but unfortunately doesn't make up the Lack of substance. Michael Fassbender is very good but the script imo lets it down. Overall it was a little disappointing but wasn't entirely bad.

6/10 - worth a watch if you follow the franchise.

As long as it was a bit better then warcraft ill watch it.

Soldato
Watched the four Pirates of the Caribbean films over the last week, along with Chappie. Reviews below:-

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl - the original and the best, fun new characters and setting. 4/5

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - starting to get a bit muddled here. 3/5

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End - lost the plot, still Captain Jack and the set pieces are watchable. 3/5

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - new story but not capturing the essence of the original. 3/5

Chappie - brilliant, funny and sort of thought provoking tale of artificial intelligence, or Short Circuit for grown ups. 4/5

Soldato
Triangle (2009) - 8.5 / 10

Missed this film at the time and only just discovered it but got to say its one of the best films i've seen in a while.

Soldato
Suicide Squad

Hated Jared Leto as the Joker, played it really badly and just came across as trying too hard. That role is a poisoned chalice now, no one will top Heath Ledger.

The rest of the film was awful, characters were introduced terribly and no development, the enemies were terrible and it just seemed like such a poorly thought out storyline. No idea how they messed it up so badly.

3/10

I still want my 99p back. :D

None of the lead characters were remotely likeable and the Joker's portrayal and inclusion were baffling. Staggeringly bad throughout.

Man of Honour
The Warriors
9/10
A bit cheesy in places but such a great 1970's cult gang film. I've seen this quite a few times now.

"Warriors, come out to play!"

Soldato
Enders Game on Amazon Prime. 5/10

It was broadly true to the books but so lacking in depth. Typical Hollywood timescales everything happens in a few weeks or months not the years of the book. Everyone become instantly skilled cos you know they're special. I appreciate working with young actors makes that difficult but the sense of time could have been elongated. A shame because it's a great book.

Back
Top Bottom