**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Soldato
I caved whilst bored yesterday and flashed BTU Nougat over my XEU phone.

Instantly impressed, feels faster and more responsive, and most importantly, the signal is hugely improved for me. Before I'd get 1-2 bars of 4G at work but it never worked, now it's working fine and is actually fast. Hopefully it lasts as it was killing my battery before.

Soldato
I'm probably the only one on Marshmallow right now.. I can't be bothered to flash it and just keep thinking the official OTA won't be long. I'll be claiming on my insurance soon too due to a cracked edge (again) but wanted to try it out first and wait for more info on the S8.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I caved whilst bored yesterday and flashed BTU Nougat over my XEU phone.

Instantly impressed, feels faster and more responsive, and most importantly, the signal is hugely improved for me. Before I'd get 1-2 bars of 4G at work but it never worked, now it's working fine and is actually fast. Hopefully it lasts as it was killing my battery before.

I've been meaning to look into this, Anyone care to link me to a guide? Ta.

Soldato
I found this after a little googling about flashing with the odin software - http://www.theandroidsoul.com/download-galaxy-s7-edge-nougat-ota-update/

Following it as I type this post!

Don't use that guide, a few parts of it didn't work/is wrong if you're using an Edge variant.

It's Volume Down, Home + Power to get into download mode on my S7E.
Home_CSC is the one to use if you don't want to lose your data, the file beginning with CSC will erase the lot.
Check which firmware you're downloading, if you've got the S7E, you'll need the G935 ones, the ones on the link are for the S7 non Edge.

Edit: ninja edit :p the one linked now is solid.

Associate
Don't use that guide, a few parts of it didn't work/is wrong if you're using an Edge variant.

It's Volume Down, Home + Power to get into download mode on my S7E.
Home_CSC is the one to use if you don't want to lose your data, the file beginning with CSC will erase the lot.
Check which firmware you're downloading, if you've got the S7E, you'll need the G935 ones, the ones on the link are for the S7 non Edge.

Edit: ninja edit :p the one linked now is solid.

When looking for the correct download I noticed a lot of the guides and posts on xda and such have conflicting information on which CSC to use. I used the HOME_CSC with the download on androidsould.com guide. File name is 'G935FXXU1DPLT_G935FOXA1DPLT_BTU.zip'.

Originally I had downloaded the G930 zip which I think is the normal S7.

Soldato
When looking for the correct download I noticed a lot of the guides and posts on xda and such have conflicting information on which CSC to use. I used the HOME_CSC with the download on androidsould.com guide. File name is 'G935FXXU1DPLT_G935FOXA1DPLT_BTU.zip'.

Originally I had downloaded the G930 zip which I think is the normal S7.

Yeah I made the same mistake with the G930, thankfully Odin didn't try and flash it else I'd have an expensive paperweight :D

If you use home csc it will wipe the device. If you use csc then it just upgrades.

Weird, I used Home_CSC and my data was intact :confused:

Associate
You flash HOME_CSC to keep your setup and data. You also keep your CSC which in my case is still XEU. Anyway, my S7 is running well and no issues on Nougat.

Associate
Anyone had any issues with the alarm app on Nougat?

Twice in the last week it's failed to ring for no reason!

Unlikely, but worth checking: make sure it is not set up under "App Power Saving" (on Android 6 anyway).. I had a similar issue with a 3rd party Alarm app, and I had to switch back to the stock alarm in the end, as I kept missing alarms..

Associate
I got bored of waiting so I put nougat on with Odin as per the instructions above. Really easy, I was just waiting for the OTA just out of laziness really, but I needn't have bothered as it was that easy.

Nice little difference so far in speed and a few nice touches. Looks a lot better too. The ringer noise when I call someone sounds a bit odd now though and if you look REALLY closely you can see that FHD is a smidge less sharp but you have to be looking very close to see the difference. Not a bad little upgrade overall.

Back
Top Bottom