**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Associate
pinkpound;30478842 said:
Grrr farcebook I don't want that crap on my phone :mad:

Like there isn't enough crap installed without inflicting that on us :mad:

Moving from Motorola to the Samsung S7, I couldn't believe the number of apps to be 'updated' on first boot after a system update. Including my own installed apps there is still nearly double on the Samsung. Doesn't seem too much of an issue and some of them are useful ..... I expect :rolleyes: Eats user disk space in comparison to the Moto.

Soldato
Anyone had any dealing with Samsung warranty?

My phone over the last 6 hours at some point this has decided to gain a line off pink pixels all the way from top to bottom, it only appears to be one pixel width but damn is it annoying.

It's not too bad on dark backgrounds but I'm not happy with it for such anice expensive phone.

I'm hoping I can do some sort of direct swap as I can't go for a couple of days without my phone due to work. I'll pop into the three shop tomorrow and see if they can help but I'm not holding my breath for anymore then directions on how to contact samsung.

Soldato
GTanny;30480800 said:
Anyone had any dealing with Samsung warranty?

My phone over the last 6 hours at some point this has decided to gain a line off pink pixels all the way from top to bottom, it only appears to be one pixel width but damn is it annoying.

It's not too bad on dark backgrounds but I'm not happy with it for such anice expensive phone.

I'm hoping I can do some sort of direct swap as I can't go for a couple of days without my phone due to work. I'll pop into the three shop tomorrow and see if they can help but I'm not holding my breath for anymore then directions on how to contact samsung.

Find a Samsung repair centre near you they can fix it within 1-1:30 hrs

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/support-centres/ ..they are the walk in centres

Soldato
mrk;30480754 said:
What Facebook app? I only have the Facebook app off the Play Store which I installed.

I uninstalled facebook(wife wanted it on my phone while we were away last week :( ) before the OTA

After OTA it reappeared and now I can only disable it and not remove :mad:

Soldato
[TFU] Thegoon84;30481887 said:
Just noticed the nexus 6 comment!

A quick google tho mostly shows s7's having the issues

I'd wager that it's also the biggest selling Android phone on the market. More people to complain = more people with GS7s complaining.

I've no doubt there's an issue. I'm saying it's an Android issue, or an app issue, not the phone's.

Associate
Got my girlfriend an s7 for Christmas and have had problems with it from day 1.

When using the speaker it intermittently cuts out after a few seconds. Doesn't matter what it's used on (does it on games, whatsapp videos, Facebook videos, YouTube etc).

Samsung support have been useless taking ages to respond and suggesting fixes with incorrect instructions. They finally agreed to take it in two weeks ago and changed the speaker and installed an updated os but the problem persists.

I'm now waiting for them to get back in contact to tell me what to do next. I've read a few people online having the same issue but no real solutions and I'm at the end of my tether.

Seriously not impressed at the moment.

Soldato
pinkpound;30480865 said:
Find a Samsung repair centre near you they can fix it within 1-1:30 hrs

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/support-centres/ ..they are the walk in centres

From my experience, make sure it's an official Samsung repair centre and not a third party one (like the one in Oxford Street) that fob you off.

Walked into that one as I had black spot of dead pixels on the edge screen and they said it's not a warranty claim, later that day called Samsung directly and arranged a repair via collection and the phone was returned to me within a week with a brand new screen. Go figure.

Soldato
Ol!ver;30481808 said:
There's one in Sheffield. That the one you're on about?

Yeah it is, seems it might be the best option, spoke to three and they fobbed me off to carphone warehouse "geek squad" who grunted a bit and offered to send it away for 2-3 weeks.

contacted Samsung and they cant send a courier so it would only be 10 days but cant offer a loan phone and told me to speak to three for a loaner so ill pop back in tomorrow and tell that Samsung sent me back to them as the contract is with them, either that or ill send the phone off with them and make sure they cancel payment until its returned.

just backing it up now in case it gets sent off tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom