**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Associate
I got bored of waiting so I put nougat on with Odin as per the instructions above. Really easy, I was just waiting for the OTA just out of laziness really, but I needn't have bothered as it was that easy.

Nice little difference so far in speed and a few nice touches. Looks a lot better too. The ringer noise when I call someone sounds a bit odd now though and if you look REALLY closely you can see that FHD is a smidge less sharp but you have to be looking very close to see the difference. Not a bad little upgrade overall.

I get this noise as well thought my speaker was faulty at first

Soldato
Updated my S7E to Nougat via Odin, but slightly different to the rest of you.

Rather than putting all the files in the correct place, I just flashed the large (4gb) file. Not sure if it makes much difference but its working fine.

Associate
So my S7-Edge just went and bricked itself, it actually started last week but I didnt pay any attention to what happened because I thought it was a one off, I was watching a youtube video and the phone just up and froze, then it restarted itself and entered a boot-loop for the next 10-15 mins,but then it turned back on and everything seemed fine, so I just thought nothing of it, but today it started to freeze and reboot again at random, happened 4-5 times, it would freeze and reboot and I could use the phone for less than a minute before it froze and restarted again, until one time it froze and just turned off - its pretty much a brick at this moment, wont respond at all, tried turning it on, tried to force a reboot (volume up and power) tried to power it on in safe mode but it wont power on at all, connect it to the charger and I dont even get an led light to signal that its charging, left it on for an hour anyways just incase - still wont power on - Not fun :-/

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Apparently Samsung have halted the Nougat rollout due to some bugs...

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS7/comments/5rmccp/samsung_halted_nougat_update_rollout_due_to_bugs/

Translation.
Well, here's a translation if you guys want to know the full conversation:
Hello Mr. Tansu, I apologize for taking your precious time. I have a question for you. I share information about Samsung products on online forums. I'm reading about people complaining about the Nougat update everywhere. To be honest, these critics samsung ... (blanked, can't make a proper translation). Will there be an official statement from Samsung Turkey about this? Is there a date set?

We halted the update after it came out last week because of issues about Wi-Fi and camera. The problem was solved last friday and we expect it to roll out in our country this weekend. I say expected, because this date was confirmed today but the updates are sent over from Korea so if there are any last minute issues it can get delayed further. A great update is coming, I ask you to be a litle more patient.

Thank you for your answer.

Associate
I get this noise as well thought my speaker was faulty at first

On further use, I now think that not only is the ringer noise sounding strange, but there's a definite "ringing" noise now when the other person speaks especially on high pitched voices. Its definitely not as good as it was before the update.

Associate
I got bored of waiting so I put nougat on with Odin as per the instructions above. Really easy, I was just waiting for the OTA just out of laziness really, but I needn't have bothered as it was that easy.

Nice little difference so far in speed and a few nice touches. Looks a lot better too. The ringer noise when I call someone sounds a bit odd now though and if you look REALLY closely you can see that FHD is a smidge less sharp but you have to be looking very close to see the difference. Not a bad little upgrade overall.

When calling someone the ringer noise is just the same as 6 - no odd ringer noises with mine. After reading your post I've had a listen and it's just the same. Standby battery drain has improved. With FHD I had an issue with Kindle in that my book covers would not render on front page. Switched back to WQHD and books then rendered. Not sure what happened there? Not noticed much in the way of speed or battery life difference using either FHD or WQHD so use the latter anyway.

Vodafone wifi calling working too so no need to think about flashing Voda Nougat - when they ever release it!

Soldato
Just got an S7 Edge its unlocked but on Voda and also full of all their rubbish bloatware, to top it off icannot get Nougat.

What is my best option/way to remove it all and is there also a way to get 7.0 while im at it?

thanks folks

V_R

V_R

Soldato
FFS I'd forgotten about this, no update for me and I'm still stuck on this...

6g1szDg.png

I think its safe to say I'm going to have to flash it manually aren't I...? :mad:

Back
Top Bottom