• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: SO RYZEN: WHICH ONE DID YOU BUY OR ARE GONNA BUY?

Which Ryzen did you buy or are planning to buy?

Votes: 142 41.0%
  • 1700X

Votes: 92 26.6%
  • 1800X

Votes: 112 32.4%

• Total voters
Associate
Went for the 1800X. Always wanted a high end CPU and this is my way in for a price i can afford. Waiting for more mATX boards. Hopefully a ROG Gene variant at some point and then stick 16gb of 3200MHz RAM in there. Then build a pc for my nephew with the parts i upgraded...

Soldato
I want to buy, seems a bit crazy (without more data) choosing between the offerings. DDR4 seems really pricey atm (SSD is covered) so my hand may well be forced downwards on the CPU to a 1700, especially as cooling is included. Without more detail of what the 1700X and 1800X brings to the party "real world" I'll probably sit out the first wave.

It might be a smart play to get the DDR4 earlier? Advice on best value ryzen friendly/tested ram would be great. I had my heart set on 2x16gb as a minimum, £300 seems so high though...

OcUK Staff
OP
I want to buy, seems a bit crazy (without more data) choosing between the offerings. DDR4 seems really pricey atm (SSD is covered) so my hand may well be forced downwards on the CPU to a 1700, especially as cooling is included. Without more detail of what the 1700X and 1800X brings to the party "real world" I'll probably sit out the first wave.

It might be a smart play to get the DDR4 earlier? Advice on best value ryzen friendly/tested ram would be great. I had my heart set on 2x16gb as a minimum, £300 seems so high though...

TeamGroup Night Hawk 3000MHz 32GB Kits are really nice and £210 :)

Associate
none at those prices.. isn't the idea to compete with intel?

Surely you're joking?

These are the 8-cores, and the prices are amazing.

I'm going for an 8-core for editing work, but also can't wait to see the prices of the 4's and 6's. I'm sure those on lower budgets will be very happy.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I will wait for the more mid range cpus then something that compares to i5 etc..

There will be plenty by the looks of it. A couple of 6c/12t looking to be priced around Intels i5 4c/4t and a fair few AMD 4c/8t chips priced lower than that

Then there are the AMD 4c/4t priced around intel i3's and higher

Associate
I'm waiting for reviews to see exactly what the differences are between the 1700 and the x chips. If you can just straight up manually overclock the 1700 to the same speeds that you can get out of an 1800x then its a no brainer. If they x chips clock better then they might be worth the extra price.

Soldato
I'm waiting for reviews to see exactly what the differences are between the 1700 and the x chips. If you can just straight up manually overclock the 1700 to the same speeds that you can get out of an 1800x then its a no brainer. If they x chips clock better then they might be worth the extra price.
me too..

Back
Top Bottom