• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: SO RYZEN: WHICH ONE DID YOU BUY OR ARE GONNA BUY?

Which Ryzen did you buy or are planning to buy?

Votes: 142 41.0%
  • 1700X

Votes: 92 26.6%
  • 1800X

Votes: 112 32.4%

• Total voters
Associate
I've just moved house so have had to postpone my rebuild.

Currently running a 3570k clocked at 4.2. I'm considering the 1700 if they can get these initial launch issues resolved. That said, if the 1600X and 1500X launch in summer and are well received then either of these could offer the best bang for the buck.

Associate
I had a pre order for the R1800X which I cancelled, I cannot be bothered now to have to wait for mb vendors etc to release new bios so things can work correctly out the box. I will give it 3 months or so and will most likely get a R1700X.

Associate
Lots of folks going for the Crosshair it seems, despite issues. I must be one of the few going for the Gigabyte Gaming K7!

I've always been more of a gigabyte fan than Asus and it is the giga I am aiming at currently. Bad experiences in the past with Asus have tainted me, although I have had no recent experience.

Soldato
My 1700 with Gaming 3 arrived yesterday, all good so far.

Lan on the board didn't work correctly on the base drivers but seems fine after an update from Gigabytes own set. Also, when first starting the screen was blank through the post screen etc for the first few time for some reason but works fine now... thankfully.

Associate
I've always been more of a gigabyte fan than Asus and it is the giga I am aiming at currently. Bad experiences in the past with Asus have tainted me, although I have had no recent experience.
I have currently gigabyte and now I was thinking of going with asus but those issues put me off a little:/ especially if you want to watercool just to find out bios crashed and you have to take the board out. Wish there was more reviews of MSI. Apparently their latest bios increased performance by quite a lot (not sure because it was poor in the first place and now caught up or because it's better than others now)

HeX

HeX

Soldato
I plan on going with the MSI X370 Carbon when some appear in stock. Just put my 1700 order in, was originally going with the 1700X, then changed my mind to wait for the 1600X, now changed again to sod it and just get a 1700 and aim for 4GHz all core OC. :D

Associate
ok put an order in for a 1700 and asrock taichi .. mem gone with Kingston 3333.. wanted gskill but could be arsed ordering parts from all over plus a few other bits new tubing, block ..
my old build is a 8350 so old. but shes done me fine 5ghz from day 3 ..must be 6+ yrs old

Man of Honour
My 1700 with Gaming 3 arrived yesterday, all good so far.

Lan on the board didn't work correctly on the base drivers but seems fine after an update from Gigabytes own set. Also, when first starting the screen was blank through the post screen etc for the first few time for some reason but works fine now... thankfully.

B350 Gaming 3? I noticed the first boot it took quite a while to post and skipped the splash screen. It seems to post quicker to me since I flashed the F4 bios.

LAN worked out of the box on my old windows install though

Soldato
B350 Gaming 3? I noticed the first boot it took quite a while to post and skipped the splash screen. It seems to post quicker to me since I flashed the F4 bios.

LAN worked out of the box on my old windows install though

Yeah, Gaming B350 Gaming 3. Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that issue :)

I'll need to check what bios version I have though, I thought it only had one version so far (release version)

All good now though

Soldato
I can only see version F1 on the driver download page... I'll try a different browser :)

Edit, just checked and it came with version F3

Last edited:
Associate
How is the Gaming 3, I'm not normally one to spend mega bucks on a mobo and I am seriously not bothered about RGB.

Back
Top Bottom