• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: SO RYZEN: WHICH ONE DID YOU BUY OR ARE GONNA BUY?

Which Ryzen did you buy or are planning to buy?

Votes: 142 41.0%
  • 1700X

Votes: 92 26.6%
  • 1800X

Votes: 112 32.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
I cancel my 1700x & Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD X370 pre-order, seems the motherboard could be over a month before even get a chance in getting one
so i wait on let the new motherboard line settle in see what happens , i got a 4790k , so all fine still here , will be interested in see the new Nvidia 1080TI 11gb graphics card.

i seen else where the gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD X370 on pre-order for £278.99 inc. vat , hope this don't happen all over , rip off
i had a gaming 5 in the basket at another vendor for 169.99 but held off regarding the overclocking...

Soldato
i had a gaming 5 in the basket at another vendor for 169.99 but held off regarding the overclocking...

seems UK reviewers will be getting around to Reviewing the Gaming 5 next in line. Seems all were shipped with Gaming 5s with their AMD press kit but have had other boards first in line or have their preferred board they wise to bench .

Associate
Think there might be a few canceling after reviews if gaming is your priority. Amazing that you have to disable multi threading to get i5 level gaming perfomance. Kinda bummed tbh was poised to buy based on reviews going well today regarding gaming. Has Gibbo or anyone else got info from amd regarding the multi threading issue i.e will be more beneficial to gamers in the future etc?

Seems to depend on the reviews you look at.

There does not seem to be many that are more comparable to an intel i5. (Maybe the 7600k)

If you look at Joker's benchmarks, (Gigabyte MB) it seems to do pretty damn well imo.

Soldato
Well I was toying with the idea of changing to a Ryzen setup just for something new to play around with, but since I have a 5820K at 4.4GHz there's obviously no point really. I'll wait it out for another generation or two of Ryzen, but I'm still quite impressed with what AMD has achieved here. I'm not blown away, but they've still done a great job. I much prefer AMD's attitude to sockets/platforms, so I'm sure that any of today's AM4 boards will be good for quite a few years to come.

Soldato
Here's the quote in english, it's in relation to performance and stability issues on the MSI motherboards.

AMD also confirmed both ASUS and MSI motherboards were having issues; with the latter getting that 117 BIOS version update at the last minute barely before reviews were done. Which means many places most likely did not update.

This helps explain why reviewers with the Gigabyte boards like Joker, Crit, UFDiciple, and TechDeals had far better gaming performance.

Soldato
Think I've decided what I'm going to buy. AM3 backplate on the way, so should be able to use my current Corsair H110GTX. Dropped the 250GB PCI-E SSD for now, use that money towards 1080Ti instead I think :).

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £729.93
(includes shipping: £0.00)

Associate
I like how the 1700 is slowly creeping up on the poll now. I knew it was going to be the best of the bunch as soon as I heard all 3 chips were the same except for clock speed. Obviously the cheapest one is going to be the best option in that scenario...

Associate
Hi there folks,

I´ve been reading this forum for some weeks/months now and just decided to registrate to ask which CPU I should buy. Currently I am gaming on a i7-3770k but the whole pc will be given to my sister next week.
Thus I need a new build for myself on which I can spend a good amount of money. Problem is that I´m a bit noobish or inexperienced in OCing so I´m not sure which AMD Ryzen CPU I should use without having a problem to squeeze out some nice perfomance :)
Mainly the build will be used for gaming @4K but also for some smaller video editing tasks. I know that Ryzen is not the overthetop gaming-cpu but I have to admit that I became somekind of a fanboy for AMD in the last few weeks.
Since money isn´t the problem (girlfriend.exe crashed, thus no vacation trip -> want new shiny toy for the soul) it´s more a problem of knowledge which parts to use in which combination etc. I´d really appreciate if you could help me with that build :)

so far,
greetings from Vienna/Austria

Associate
If you've got the money and don't want to do any overclocking yourself, then buy the 1800X as it will have the highest clock speed out of the box.
I just don't know if I can do it. As I said I'm very inexperienced with OCing but I'm willing to learn... is it very complicated ?
Also between the 1700 and the 1800x it seems to be no difference in OC potential if i'm right or can the 1800x can achieve higher results here?
Or do you even suggest to stay with Intel 4c/8t?
Greetings from Vienna

Soldato
I just don't know if I can do it. As I said I'm very inexperienced with OCing but I'm willing to learn... is it very complicated ?
Also between the 1700 and the 1800x it seems to be no difference in OC potential if i'm right or can the 1800x can achieve higher results here?
Or do you even suggest to stay with Intel 4c/8t?
Greetings from Vienna

I would personally go with Ryzen at this point. It's good atm, it will only improve.

With regards to overclocking, it's not too difficult, I'm sure someone will put up a guide soon enough with regards to these new cpus. Alternatively, OCUK will be releasing a pre-overclocked bundle pretty soon, so you can wait for that.

Associate
I would personally go with Ryzen at this point. It's good atm, it will only improve.

With regards to overclocking, it's not too difficult, I'm sure someone will put up a guide soon enough with regards to these new cpus. Alternatively, OCUK will be releasing a pre-overclocked bundle pretty soon, so you can wait for that.

Do they ship to Austria? :D And regarding the guide, with no experience will it be able to understand for me or will it appear as some kind of black magic to someone like me? :p

Soldato
Ordered the 1700 straight after launch, along with my board - CPU has arrived, motherboard isn't due until the 10th... :(

It is interesting to see the Poll change, since the reviews have come out, I would have never expected people on an Overclockers forum to buy either of the two top tier CPU's knowing that they were identical, no only that but I got a FREE RGB!!!!! cooler.. :p

Don
I would have never expected people on an Overclockers forum to buy either of the two top tier CPU's knowing that they were identical, no only that but I got a FREE RGB!!!!! cooler.. :p
People were waiting to see if they were speed binned. If the reviews showed that the 1800X was overclocking higher than the 1700 I would have bought one of them.

Back
Top Bottom