Who here owns a Subaru?

Soldato
OP
You mean what have I had made!

Custom 3" turbo back which splits to a backbox either side at the rear. In each back box there is a straight pipe which is controlled by a valve. Valves open, most gas comes through the straight pipe, valves closed, very quiet rear silencer does a great job.

However I will state that it is not as loud or as obnoxious as the old Subaru, I will put this down to the fact that it's not a big bazooka cannon adding bass. But it sounds ace when you get on it :D

O and mapped again - 355bhp / 350lbft

Associate
Ohhhhh i do like the sound of that spool up :) sounds like the torque band is nice and low (which it should be being a 2.5) 355 Bhp thats good gains from last time, should easily be back into the 12s Kostas :)
I think if we were to race again i would have to be awake at the start, no pulling it back now LOL

I take it RCM rollers ?? Did Duncan complete the mapping ??

Soldato
Nice one Kosta, looking forward to hearing it in person.

I heard mine from outside the car last night and have officially deemed it too quiet. A new back box is definitely on the cards in the near future.

Last edited:
Soldato
So, I'm in a bit of a dilemma and need some Subaru enthusiasts advice.

I've been looking/waiting for a hawkeye Sepc C Type RA to come up either here or in Japan. I almost bought one in the UK not so long ago but wasn't keen on some of it's history - even though I'm sure it's fine.

Although I have a budget, I suspect the RA is going to be right up there if not past what I ideally want to pay. Part of me wants the car as an investment, part of me to enjoy it.

However, I'm thinking whether to find a JDM hawkeye STI and just add a few personal touches to it then leave it be - there's one on SNet right now that's had the roof vent fitted along with a few other mods. It is higher mileage than ideal but it will be a 3rd car for me so won't be doing many miles. It's also likely to be a 3rd cheaper than the RA.

I'm not completely sure what the actual differences are between a JDM STI, Spec C (other than seats and vent - water spray?) and the RA (adjustable suspension)

Now I appreciate the special editions are always going to command a price over the standard STI - or even one few a choice mods. I'm just thinking, if it's well cared for and looked after, the standard STI should at least hold it's value I would have thought?

Soldato
OP
I think the Spec C and RA would both be great cars, but realistically are you going to do any track work or anything where you'd see the benefit?

Also the investment thing.. you know how I feel about that. I appreciate that you don't want to lose a shed load of money right away, but they're all however old now, they're not going to lose much, regardless of the model.

The JDM Hawkeye STi is still a very very good car. Usual exhaust, intake & remap will see you over 350bhp in a very responsive and well handling package. They'll support a twinscroll turbo beyond 400bhp easily too.

"Choice mods" - everything can be reverted to standard for sale, except if you go full blown nutter.

Have you had a drive of any of them yet?

Associate
Been thinking about getting back into a Scoob. Looking for something newer than the Blobeye I had previously though, I take it the Hatchback's are still not worth touching with a bargepole?

Back
Top Bottom