• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Associate
Yeah defiantly but it don't help with lazy sods at ubi rushing out half finished games just so they can cash in quicker

They need to take a leaf out of the book of CDPR or even Activision (every cod game I have played has ran like butter from day one)

Some games are demanding at 4k but optimized well as I have found out over the last 2-3 years

Some are train wrecks and it's usually a Ubisoft title lol

Oh and ark ..... that seem to run like **** no matter what

I think without gsync tho my views may have turned out differently

Got bless gsync and all who use her

You seem to be forgetting Forza Horizon 3 lol that still runs like SH** even on a 1080 ti

Soldato
Yeah defiantly but it don't help with lazy sods at ubi rushing out half finished games just so they can cash in quicker

They need to take a leaf out of the book of CDPR or even Activision (every cod game I have played has ran like butter from day one)

Some games are demanding at 4k but optimized well as I have found out over the last 2-3 years

Some are train wrecks and it's usually a Ubisoft title lol

Oh and ark ..... that seem to run like **** no matter what

I think without gsync tho my views may have turned out differently

Got bless gsync and all who use her
I agree. Just look at the witcher 3. I get a constant 60fps there at ultra and it looks better than wildlands. How can they release something that just doesnt run like other games out there that look better? Anyway, if I put wildlands on very high I get an average of 60fps at 4k so that wil have to do

Associate
Agreed. The FE might not be the coolest or quietest card but it still one of the best looking (classy rather than gamer bling). I've been enjoying playing games on mine since release day, rather than scouring websites for stock and watching the inevitable price increases. The +£100 custom cards really have a hard time justifying themselves.

Having said that, if you've waited this long, you may as well wait it out now.

Totally agree, the difference between FE and custom cards with the locked power limits I'm struggling to justify the custom card costs.

Associate
Does GTX 1080 ti go HAND IN HAND with Nvidia SHIELD 4K HDR streamer? I have a 65 inch LG OLED 4K HDR TV, which can most likely blow any of my predator IPS panels to smithereens.

Associate
FE is only recommended for those who are going SLI or if you don't care about noise (headphones) imo. Standard Aorus can be had for ~£760 right now so there's no excuse for an all round better engineered card.

Last edited:
Associate
So, I finally installed the ASUS 1080 TI Strix OC! I was on holiday when it arrived on Wednesday, and I had to wait until today to install it. Felt like a long wait! Moved from two 1080's which just throttle so much in sli, due to heat. This is already performing much better all round than my previous setup. Way higher fps in Heaven and stays above 60 fps in taxing games at 4k. Maximum temperature with all the bells and whistles engaged 69c at 1962 on the core, currently. Haven't even overclocked anything manually yet. Amazing work OCUK! Hardly any coil whine, I can tell so far. The packaging was one of the best I have ever seen. Last time I ordered the box could have been more protected. I heard a lot of people giving up on OCUK for not having stock in right away. I think they did well overall to be honest and I am glad I was patient. Also, great communication from @Gibbo and others. I appreciate they had to make some guesses on when stock would arrive and stock level etc. All round very happy so far. Anyone thinking of picking up one of these cards...it's an absolute beast and still has loads of headroom left to OC further I think and should last a while.

V F

V F

Soldato
FE is only recommended for those who are going SLI or if you don't care about noise (headphones) imo. Standard Aorus can be had for ~£760 right now so there's no excuse for an all round better engineered card.

Still, I'd rather have a quiet 1080 Ti even with headphones.

Soldato
I went for 2x Fe cards cause i was putting waterblocks on them and there setup and cool ;)
26-27c idle 42-44c max temps under default clocks and boosts to around 1975 and with 100% power slider...
with overclocking though maxes out at around 2050 in sli and 2080 in single @ 49c-52c...

to be honest anyone with watercooling custom loops are going to go for Fe editions its a no brainer over AIB air coolers.

Mine doesn't hit it's power limit, 94.5 %0is the most it's used, at 2050.

Mate you must be the only one then that hits no power limitations when overclocked.
or your not maxing out the card with high demanding games. cause every person i have spoken to and seen in forums hit the dreaded power limitation.

Associate
For me, quiet running is just as important as how it runs so I would pay the premium for a quiet custom card. Having moved from a 1080 Gaming X to a 1080ti Sea Hawk X, I was slightly taken back with how ugly the Sea Hawk looks to my former Gaming X card, but as the Sea Hawk is also very quiet and it OC's really well, (3rd out of the 9 t'is so far tested in the Heaven 4 benchmark) I don't regret my purchase one bit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom