Manchester Bombing *** Please remain respectful and refrain from antagonising posts ***

Caporegime
Never mind that cannabis (and all narcotics) are religiously forbidden, but this guy was obviously a devout Muslim, right?

He did what he did in the name of religion, there needs to be some kind of a debate among the Muslim and wider community as to why these people feel that the Qoran gives the green light for murdering innocent people and treating non Muslim women with contempt. It's not just these extremist terrorists who kill, look at all of the grooming gangs that have targetted white girls.

Associate
If you have easily impressionable, disillusioned young Muslims who are then radicalised into believing in jihad against the immoral West is the only solution, couple that with the promise of honour and reward in the afterlife for their martyrdom and you have a gullible fool who will do anything for 'the cause'. It's not rocket science. The IRA didn't use suicide bombing because it was generally preached by the Catholic Church that people who kill themselves don't go to heaven.

Permabanned
hmm - unfortunately the political figures on the left don't give me too much confidence on the issue of terrorism... perhaps more confidence on increases in benefits etc.. but certainly not security - in fact they've not got a great history re: terrorist groups as it is (though I'm not sure how far down this road we can go as it then turns into a political discussion which belongs in a different thread has been stopped for a bit)

May I ask why. Theresa may as home secretary let more none EU immigrants from many muslim countries .... Than EU countries. This was completely under her control but she allowed it to happen. Many of the attacks have happened under a conservative government. And with them focused on austerity across all departments including police... Why do you trust them more?

Soldato
None of them are shut down, they continue to be able to say whatever they want (more or less, there are libel laws that exist for example) and some are given platforms in widely-circulated newspapers and on talk radio. But just because they know their audience and tailor a message towards it doesn't add any credence to what they are saying. Especially in the case of Piers, who exists just to take up a contrarian view on literally everything so his name is mentioned more often.

I meant people that may listen to them may be shut down as racist. Sorry I wasn't clear. I'm not a fan of any of those people, but if people aren't having honest discussions and playing hide the ball then that's where people will turn. Where are the rational voices in the middle?

Soldato
So you are advocating United and City fans gather together and trash every Mosque as a solution to this?

Is this what scorza means as well by "rise up and fight" I wonder?

Where did I say any of that? I said what happened when people wasn't a bunch of wimps.
But don't you worry none, that candle you light will protect you ;)

Caporegime
It's not just these extremist terrorists who kill, look at all of the grooming gangs that have targetted white girls.

I think that's more of a cultural issue than a religious one. The grooming gangs tended to be of Pakistani origin for instance.

I mean it's not much different from a lot of Catholic priests being child rapists. Do we think all Catholics are responsible for that? No.

Where did I say any of that? I said what happened when people wasn't a bunch of wimps.
But don't you worry none, that candle you light will protect you ;)

Yeah great, the 1970's and 80's when we had horrific football violence week in, week out.

Caporegime
May I ask why. Theresa may as home secretary let more none EU immigrants from many muslim countries .... Than EU countries. This was completely under her control but she allowed it to happen. Many of the attacks have happened under a conservative government. And with them focused on austerity across all departments including police... Why do you trust them more?

for the reasons I already mentioned - I'm not going to elaborate much further as that is political discussion and belongs in another thread so will have to wait a while

Soldato
Soldato
Yeah great, the 1970's and 80's when we had horrific football violence week in, week out.

"horrific" is was called fun. And after the fight they get together and buy each other a pint.
Trouble these days are men are wimps. Instead of action they go on a forum and moan\cry. If you can't protect yourself.
how are you going to protect your family? sing a song?

Associate
James O'Brien on LBC the poster boy of the hard left has just said he cannot hate the bomber as "he's still someone's son or brother". Good grief.

Permabanned
James O'Brien on LBC the poster boy of the hard left has just said he cannot hate the bomber as "he's still someone's son or brother". Good grief.

Sick of this left and right. I'm left and I hate the guy. Stop grouping everyone in the same category. I know someone who is racist and he is right wing.... Therefor anyone who hates this bomber is racist? See what I did there.

I used to hate Cameron and his government but I wish we had him back as at least he was centre ground. Now we just get theresa who has lurched to the right and is way to extreme for my liking.... But then I don't want to leave this country weak.

Soldato
Where did I say any of that?

Well yesterday when I asked, what are you personally going to do about it, you replied

deuse said:
I know what 1000s of us done when the IRA bomb Birmingham.

you've now elaborated to what that was

deuse said:
In Birmingham the Villa and blues fans got together and trashed every know IRA pub\club. Large gangs of vigilantes walking the city centre at night.
That's why the RIA never bombed Birmingham again.

and described the football violence of the time

deuse said:

So yes, I do think that is what you are advocating as a suitable response now.

Soldato
Careful, dribbling that much on your keyboard can break it.

You do realise don't you that other non-liberal countries, say for example, China has had far more terrorist attacks than Sweden and it's far more a massive problem....?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_China

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_Sweden

I suspect you already know about population differences and ratios but you readily ignore it to make a stupid point. And i also know you know that China also borders countries with huge Islamic populations. It's comparing apples with oranges. Political correctness needs to be chucked in the bin and people who hold your views have made this country in the long term fundamentally unsafe. At least China deals with these people without being PC and stops the problem from people far worse then it could be.

Back
Top Bottom