• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VEGA 64 UK PRICES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Who gives a **** if the price is £900 and the miners snap then up? If it's a card for mining, then so what. The miners get their card, the retailers get their sales and AMD get some moneh.
I can't argue with this. Sales for AMD are sweet and needed. I hope gamers and miners get all they need :)

Soldato
Who gives a **** if the price is £900 and the miners snap then up? If it's a card for mining, then so what. The miners get their card, the retailers get their sales and AMD get some moneh.

£900 would still be a terrible spot, even if 60MH/s was CONFIRMED it doesn't make an attractive mining prospect. £600 would be in line with 60MH/s when you look at competing cards... but again, that would need to be 60MH/s+ confirmed, not just a rumour spread by gibbo to nefariously boost sales ;) I'm probably going to go 1080ti and pick up the Asus X35 when it releases to replace my XR34 if the Vega is at those obscene prices, the ball is firmly in AMD's park....

Soldato
£900 would still be a terrible spot, even if 60MH/s was CONFIRMED it doesn't make an attractive mining prospect. £600 would be in line with 60MH/s when you look at competing cards... but again, that would need to be 60MH/s+ confirmed, not just a rumour spread by gibbo to nefariously boost sales ;) I'm probably going to go 1080ti and pick up the Asus X35 when it releases to replace my XR34 if the Vega is at those obscene prices, the ball is firmly in AMD's park....

The market dictates the price, and in recent years the market hasn't been interested in AMD at the high end. In fact, it was probably the last mining boom that kept AMD going in sales. At that point, Nvidia released Maxwell and the gamers weren't interested in AMD (and haven't been interested since).

Also, if benchmarks are to be believed then AMD will be relying on miners for sales at high end price points.

Deleted member 76686

D

Deleted member 76686

Personally I reckon it'll be about £550-600, if it goes much higher then it'll be price gouging due to miners.

Permabanned
I spent over £800 on a freesync monitor this week...
That's a lot for a monitor but at least Freesync didn't add the same sort of cost as a G-sync version would have.

I sold my Fury a few months ago and then couldn't get a 580 as planned so I grabbed a 1060 while waiting for Vega and in all honesty not having Freesync on with this particular monitor (75hz uw1440) hasn't been an issue,
With that in mind I may just grab a 1070, 1080 or ti if Vega's too much.

Soldato
Unbelievable, Moves like this don't work if you tell someone who then tells the rest of the world.
Using bots to buy cards on mass is one thing, using them to buy cards one or two at a time using a voucher code and sending them to separate addresses because sales are limited per household is a completely different kettle of fish.

Soldato
Love how people thinj thise aee not prices. When we git preorders from all over workd with 100 bucjs ob top of what amd said .
Even if vega 64 was 600 with vat its still too much with performance kike it is... I rather preorder that 1080 for 639.
What?

Caporegime
Not sure why people think retailers overpricing the cards will benefit amd, they're already bought and paid for by the retailers at a fixed price, its not like the retailers will be sending any additional profit back to amd.

Associate
because the general theme of all these vega threads is that people are stupid. they cant read what in front of them. there is no real price information, until the final driver releases are done nobody knows how its going to perform really. then you have the obvious nv trolls who derail every thread, and the amd trolls who try to counter them, there is no real balanced view points just mock rage from both sides.

hopefully once this card gets into circulation it will all calm down and we can see some real results from some real prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom