• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VEGA 64 UK PRICES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Where's all this guff about it being good for mining coming from? People have already tested the FE version for mining and it's cack :/

Gibbo oddly enough, he said it was info from someone at one of the oem's, then later said it could be bs. Of course the original info spread across tech sites (thanks to some on here) and the statement of it being possible bs didn't.

Soldato
Gibbo oddly enough, he said it was info from someone at one of the oem's, then later said it could be bs. Of course the original info spread across tech sites (thanks to some on here) and the statement of it being possible bs didn't.

So I wonder what magic is in a gaming Vega that isn't in the FE card, that magically bumps it up from a pathetic 30-32 hashrate with 300w+ consumption.

Caporegime
So I wonder what magic is in a gaming Vega that isn't in the FE card, that magically bumps it up from a pathetic 30-32 hashrate with 300w+ consumption.

Supposedly something to do with the gaming drivers that will be released alongside the RX cards. At this point it looks like bs though.

Soldato
That would be my guess also. Maybe over 40MH/s with the right tweaks (both from AMD and developer). Probably an attempt by the manufacturer to get miners interested and snap them up before seeing the real performance(if they were close to 100MH/s getting one on day one would be every miner's top priority).

Yes I suspect this is the case. There's nothing in the spec that suggests the high eth rate.

I've seen the Reddit post for the supposed "Professional mining software developer" And the basic reasoning given looks like complete garbage. The combination of clock speed and bandwidth are the limiting factor.
If it was just bandwidth the Fury and 1080ti would be hitting 60+ MH/s already.

Unless there's something different with HBM2 with new drivers, the clock speed and bandwidth don't suggest any more speed than 35-40 MH/s.

Soldato
Remember that the limited edition Vega 64's (metal shroud versions) will also come with two AAA games, Prey and Wolfenstein 2, assuming you were going to be buying them anyway, that's £80 off the bill right there :)

I'm also hoping the $100 discount on Ryzen CPU/Motherboards is included, as I want to build another Ryzen system for a family member soon.

Soldato
HBM isn't much good for mining anyway judging by Fury.

Whilst 35-40 mh/s isn't terrible, it is when you take into account the insane power consumption. The extra electricity cost will offset any gains over a 580 at 32-33 mh/s and 100w.

Soldato

Though Giibbo's post didn't specificity mention an algorithm, everyone assumed it was eth. :)

Soldato
Remember that the limited edition Vega 64's (metal shroud versions) will also come with two AAA games, Prey and Wolfenstein 2, assuming you were going to be buying them anyway, that's £80 off the bill right there :)

Cant see how your getting £80, Prey is £20 on cdkeys and wolfenstein is about £26.

Soldato
Cant see how your getting £80, Prey is £20 on cdkeys and wolfenstein is about £26.

True, I was looking at Steam prices. If you do buy from those third party marketplaces, it reduces the value to £46, so still worth considering :)

How reliable is that CDkeys website? I've used G2A in the past which seemed decent enough.

Associate
Still time to take it back!

Were you aware of Vega price/performance before buying?

I was not. I just assumed that due to Ryzen being good and all the hype that VEGA would be too. If it's £400-500 for 1080 performance I'll probably get it just because it's newer technology, otherwise I'll be eyeing up the 1080Ti as I now have a new job that pays pretty well, certainly more than double the cash in hand each month as my previous job.

Soldato
True, I was looking at Steam prices. If you do buy from those third party marketplaces, it reduces the value to £46, so still worth considering :)

How reliable is that CDkeys website? I've used G2A in the past which seemed decent enough.

Its one of the most popular key-sites and very reliable.

Associate

CDkeys is great, been using them for years. Even for new games they are way cheaper than steam, usually £25-30ish

Associate
hahaha headhunt NVIDIAS market rep they said, not budget anymore they said
good luck with that revenue at these prices "I" won't be buying for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom