**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Thread ****

Associate
I know that..

But why buy a single sim model when the dual sim model can swap between an SD card or a second Sim...

What the down side of the dual sim version ? :confused:

About 10 days additional wait in terms of expected shipping time compared to the single sim version...

Associate
My battery is goosed I reckon . 1.5 hours screen on time Today taken off charge at 6.45am and I have 40% left.

What's the best way to do a factory reset and restore?

I initially used smart switch which I have read a few places gives rubbish battery life.

Should I factory reset and then restore from Samsung cloud backup?

Mine is very similar. 2h 19mins SOT - 33% left. I also used Smart Switch

Transmission breaker
Don
I just claimed my Dex, will see when they confirm.
Anyone figured out where the magnet sensor is for the case close function? Want to add it to my non-official cheapy case i bought till i can find the official one cheap!

Soldato
Mine is very similar. 2h 19mins SOT - 33% left. I also used Smart Switch

Run the phone for a day and check for apps using over 0.03% battery per hour. Any using more than that uninstall and re-install and check again a day later. If they won't stop using that consider dumping them as correctly functioning and sleeping apps don't need that kind of power.

If you are in a mid to low signal area with a few rogue apps the battery can take quite a hit.

Soldato
Associate
Run the phone for a day and check for apps using over 0.03% battery per hour. Any using more than that uninstall and re-install and check again a day later. If they won't stop using that consider dumping them as correctly functioning and sleeping apps don't need that kind of power.

If you are in a mid to low signal area with a few rogue apps the battery can take quite a hit.

Thanks for the Tips, will try today and check them tonight. I did notice Apple Music was using 0.04% so have uninstalled and reinstalled.

Soldato
Any idea if it's possible to change contact photos with pictures from Google photos? Will only allow me to choose from gallery... or a few silly random GIFs

Man of Honour
I've still not had anything come through. You had anything yet?
I seemed to remember reading something, somewhere(?) saying confirmation could take 2 days... am I making that up?

Nothing so far and it is two days. I'll wait until tomorrow before taking action.

Soldato
Thanks for the Tips, will try today and check them tonight. I did notice Apple Music was using 0.04% so have uninstalled and reinstalled.

I haven't currently got any using over 0.02%, Android pay was up to 0.09% straight after Smart Switch and adding my cards, its now not even on the list after re-installing it.

I do think Smart Switch does some funky stuff to apps,

Associate
I applied for free DEX few days ago, and it got stuck when i submitted it. I can't do it again as it states IMEI has been used... I assume its been submitted. Just incase i think it might be wise to contact them. Doesn't seem vert well done.

Transmission breaker
Don
I applied for free DEX few days ago, and it got stuck when i submitted it. I can't do it again as it states IMEI has been used... I assume its been submitted. Just incase i think it might be wise to contact them. Doesn't seem vert well done.

I got an SMS straight away afterwards from Samsung directly when i put mine in. The first screen was just ticking over for a few minutes, so forced a refresh, and it seemed to wake up. Had a submitted message, and I got the txt.

Oh, I also got an email within 15 mins.

Back
Top Bottom