*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Ahh didn't realise it was down.
It’s a virgin media problem. If you’re desperate to get on a guy on their forum posted this:
“Weejah2 said:
When you setup the internet connection on ps4 instead of selecting easy select custom. Keep everything the same as is selected apart from dns. Select manual for dns and put 8.8.8.8 for first and 8.8.4.4 for second.

Soldato
Gutted. Was going to grab a Pro next week, but just noticed that it only has a standard Blu-ray drive rather than a UHD player. Which idiot at Sony thought that to be a good idea?

Soldato
Buy dedicated. My Xbox’s is poop and has struggled with my last 4 UHD disks......
Slows down and stutters.....

I don't want a dedicated player, I have one of those downstairs and don't want to spend even more money on something that should've been included as standard. The console was going to be for my bedroom so I can **** out on the bed to play games and watch the odd movie now and then. Besides, I don't have the space for both and don't want my bedroom starting to look like a Richer Sounds outlet, like my living room currently does.

Caporegime
Buy dedicated. My Xbox’s is poop and has struggled with my last 4 UHD disks......
Slows down and stutters.....

Weird, i've watched a few UHD disks in mine and it's been as smooth as a butter.

It's a strange omission from Sony, I would've upgraded my PS4 over an X1S (and kept my original X1) if the Pro had UHD as it would've been worth it for the extra grunt. But then this is the same company that thought EA access wasn't a good idea.....

Last edited:
Soldato
Weird, i've watched a few UHD disks in mine and it's been as smooth as a butter.
Not really there is a few on here that has reported the same problem. Quite a comon problem.

Off the top of my head GoTG vol 2, ghost in a shell, The Martian, BvsS have all had a problems in playback for me.

It never happens at the same point in the film to try and replicate it.

Caporegime
Not really there is a few on here that has reported the same problem. Quite a comon problem.

Off the top of my head GoTG vol 2, ghost in a shell, The Martian, BvsS have all had a problems in playback for me.

It never happens at the same point in the film to try and replicate it.

I've not watched any of those but I did watch the Revenant fairly recently and it didn't judder a single time, it was flawless. John Wick is another i've watched recently, again, flawless.

Perhaps it's film specific, or my TV doing something funky to smooth it out? Who knows.

LzR

LzR

Associate
Which idiot at Sony thought that to be a good idea?
I'm guessing they had a target retail price and chucking in a 4K drive would have dramatically tipped the scales in the wrong direction. People are more likely to pay £349 without than £449 with, I know I would, in fact I wouldn't buy one at all as i have no intention whatsoever of buying 4k movies. I would imagine I'm in the majority of average joe thinking the same thing. By the time the PS5 comes out 4k will be much more in demand and worthy of inclusion in Sony's eyes.

Soldato
I've not watched any of those but I did watch the Revenant fairly recently and it didn't judder a single time, it was flawless. John Wick is another i've watched recently, again, flawless.

Perhaps it's film specific, or my TV doing something funky to smooth it out? Who knows.
You trying to tell me my taste is movies is bad :p

Back
Top Bottom