*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

LzR

LzR

Associate
By the time the PS5 comes around they should be ditching optical drives altogether. If you want one, you can buy it as a USB add-on separately.
I don't think that's going to happen. I actually think Sony have played this smart, the masses aren't ready/prepared to buy into 4k just yet, atleast not at today's prices, but when they are in a few years time it'll coincide with the PS5 which will surely have a 4k drive. I think MS including it with the One S was a mistake, joe average doesn't have much reason to upgrade to a One X whereas a huge leap in performance and the 4k drive on the next Sony console would be a definitive upgrade over the PS4 Pro.

I'm probably not explaining it very well... I'm trying to say that there will be more reason to upgrade from a PS4 to a PS5 than there is a One S to One X.

Commissario
So just purchased my PS4 pro.

Twice when I’ve turned the machine on all I get is a black screen. I can hear the menu music in the background and that is it. The light on the front of the PS4 is white.

The only way to sort the issue is to pull the power out, then plug it back in.

Caporegime
It won’t like you pulling out the plug! Have you tried the usual stuff like different HDMI cables and HDMI ports on the TV. Very occasionally it does a similar thing on my TV (displays neither sound nor video) which I cure by switching the TV on and off.

Associate

I am having an issue with my Ps4 Pro. If you watch the above video right near the start you can hear an example of the strange crack sound that it seems to make at random intervals. Has anyone come across this issue as it sounds more like something electrical rather than just some part of the case expanding or contracting. I am hoping it is not arking inside the psu. Other than this issue I get no error messages, I have noticed that the fan seems to spin up and down up and down in constant pattern.

Caporegime

LzR

LzR

Associate
I am having an issue with my Ps4 Pro. If you watch the above video right near the start you can hear an example of the strange crack sound that it seems to make at random intervals. Has anyone come across this issue as it sounds more like something electrical rather than just some part of the case expanding or contracting. I am hoping it is not arking inside the psu. Other than this issue I get no error messages, I have noticed that the fan seems to spin up and down up and down in constant pattern.
Not sure what the cracking noise is but the up and down revving of the fan seems to be fairly standard for the Pro.

Soldato
Only on PlayStation sale starts today on the store. Some notable items - Uncharted 4 (£15.99), Ratchet & Clank (£14.99), The Last Guardian (£14.99) and Shadow of the Beast (£3.99).

Did anyone here play Shadow of the Beast? Does it bring back fond memories of the Amiga version or is it a load of tut?

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/10/04/only-on-playstation-discounts-start-today-on-ps-store/

Runs until 18th October

Thank's for posting this, been wanting to pick up TLOU remastered for ages only played it on PS3. £12.49 (ps+) is a great deal.

Back
Top Bottom