• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*Rumour* 1070 Ti (Videocardz.com)

Man of Honour
Soldato
Wouldn't this just end up around the same speed as a gtx1070 does maxed atm. I guess out of the box the reviews would look good but with no overclocking anyone with a current 1070 already has this performance or at least very close.

So basically another round of milk from NV which will work. The 56 at current prices will make this look a decent buy to the uninformed. most should probably look for bargain 1070's and OC.

Soldato
Ummmm do I upgrade to this over my old 1060 6gb... Playing at 1440p gsync and never have games cranked up to their highest IQ. One to watch I guess.

Soldato
Hey if I can get an aftermarket card on the 26th this month I will buy one don't care if it overclock or not as long as it's under £400 and fair bit faster than 1070.

Associate
I wonder how the AIB partners feel about that
It doesn't matter so much. The cooler they can keep them the higher they'll maintain their boost anyway. There hasn't been too much overclocking potential on Pascal, if the card is kept cool most of the job is already done.

Soldato
This isn't going to go down well...
We are fairly confident that Nvidia is readying a GeForce GTX 1070 Ti graphics card that slip into its product lineup between the non-Ti variant and the higher-end GeForce GTX 1080. However, if you are hoping to squeeze out GTX 1080-like performance through overclocking, you might be in for a rude awakening—the latest rumors suggest Nvidia is locking the frequency on the GTX 1070 Ti.

Bearing in mind that none of this is official, the rumor traces back to two sources, and the reports are slightly conflicting. Eteknix says it heard from an "industry insider" that the GeForce GTX 1070 Ti will not support overclocking in any way, shape, or form. "In addition, we've been informed that Nvidia will not release any reference cards and all AIB (add-in-board) partner cards will be locked to the same speeds. However, price and aesthetics are expected to differ across partner cards," Eteknix says.

http://www.pcgamer.com/you-might-not-be-able-to-overclock-nvidias-geforce-gtx-1070-ti/

Back
Top Bottom