• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*Rumour* 1070 Ti (Videocardz.com)

Soldato
Fair enough but I will not touch ASUS with a bargepole so need something more concrete from other vendors. I also want to know whether the AIB 56's will just work out the box, as most people are under volting the reference cards and I cannot be arsed with all that. :D

Just because people are under volting does not mean there cards ain't working out of the box. The cards are fine, it's just peoplease trying to use less power to bring down temp's. Stock coolers have never been the best.

If this 1070ti has no over clocking ability then that's a missing feature so I hope Nvidia take this into consideration with there pricing. It's almost like a non k Intel chip. The performance out of the box and in reviews should see it sell well enough. Hopefully it doesn't though as we don't want this to be repeated to much although I can see why they might be doing it.

Soldato
shankly, you need to follow Nvidia more closely! This thread about the 1070Ti has been going for more than a month :D

I can't see the problem if it doesn't overclock as a lot of people (including people on this forum) don't overclock anyway.

Looking at the OCUK shop there are plenty of 1070s in stock at the moment and I'm sure there will be good deals when and if the 1070Ti lands.

I did see this, but I thought this rumoured news was worthy of a thread of its own. I guess not :l

Soldato
Just because people are under volting does not mean there cards ain't working out of the box. The cards are fine, it's just peoplease trying to use less power to bring down temp's. Stock coolers have never been the best.
Yeah my RX 480 temps are like 10 degrees less with a mild undervolt. I imagine people get even better results with Vega.

If this 1070ti has no over clocking ability then that's a missing feature so I hope Nvidia take this into consideration with there pricing. It's almost like a non k Intel chip. The performance out of the box and in reviews should see it sell well enough. Hopefully it doesn't though as we don't want this to be repeated to much although I can see why they might be doing it.
I don't think they'll take it into account when pricing. They have two choices: either price it between the 1070 and 1080, in which case the lack of overclock makes it a questionable buy; or price it the same as a 1070 and just make that card EOL, in which case locking it down wouldn't be as bad.[/QUOTE]

Soldato
How's it baiting? I generally want to know how you think vega 64 cost the same has 1080ti?
Possibly the fact you're posting in this thread asking him to respond to a post in a different thread?

As for the 1070Ti not being overclockable, that seems a bit odd. I also hope it's not going to set a precedent going forwards. I don't want to see the 1180Ti locked so it doesn't start beating the Titan.
I mean Intel do it with CPUs and people seem fine with it so I guess there's no reason not to do the same with GPUs, but if they did I'd expect the Ti branding to be like Intel's K (and sometimes X?) branding where they are the ones that can be overclocked.
I imagine it'll be a tough sell to AIBs too as I guess they wouldn't be able to release factory OC'd cards. All they'll be able to do is change the cooler and I think there's probably a limit as too much much can be achieved, especially at stock.

Of course if this was AMD they'd be calling it the "Overclockers Dream"!

Caporegime
How's it baiting? I generally want to know how you think vega 64 cost the same has 1080ti?

The AIO does. Adored TV whom you admire made that comparison.

64 reference is cheaper than a 1080ti, however the difference in price is smaller than the difference in performance gain percentage wise. I'll go on record saying that a 1080ti therefore is better value for money than a reference 64.

Caporegime

Prices will have to shift I think. There is no where for it to go. If it cannot overclock , and is only £50 cheaper than a 1080 and £50 more than a 1070 it will be pointless. In fact if the clock speeds are locked, a lot of the pre overclocked 1070's may be close to it or beat it.

Hopefully the clock locked rumours are not true , that way I think they can drop the 1070 a lot closer to £300 , make the 1070ti slot into the ~£400 point and keep the 1080 at ~£500. That might even make the 6gb 1060's align to closer to £200. Then they have 4 cards all at decently separate price points.

Caporegime
Prices will have to shift I think. There is no where for it to go. If it cannot overclock , and is only £50 cheaper than a 1080 and £50 more than a 1070 it will be pointless. In fact if the clock speeds are locked, a lot of the pre overclocked 1070's may be close to it or beat it.

Hopefully the clock locked rumours are not true , that way I think they can drop the 1070 a lot closer to £300 , make the 1070ti slot into the ~£400 point and keep the 1080 at ~£500. That might even make the 6gb 1060's align to closer to £200. Then they have 4 cards all at decently separate price points.

sounds plausible. however if it's locked then people will be jumping on the 1070 IMO and overclocking than getting a 1070ti. as you get similar performance for £100 cheaper.

either way it's going to pee off a lot of people who have just bought 1080's or 1070's.

Soldato
Im still not sold that its even coming yet however if its going to drop 1070's down to the 300 area then I cant wait for its arrival

Caporegime
Same here, really struggling to see the point in this card, surely a price reduction on the current 1070's would be more desirable :confused:.

all they had to do was reduce the price of all cards by £50 to make up for the increase by miners and ram prices.

i suspect the price gouging is done by retailers though rather than nvidia. so they maybe thought this card will shake up retailer pricing to what it should have been all along.

Soldato
The AIO does. Adored TV whom you admire made that comparison.

64 reference is cheaper than a 1080ti, however the difference in price is smaller than the difference in performance gain percentage wise. I'll go on record saying that a 1080ti therefore is better value for money than a reference 64.

And my answer is should we not be then comparing the water cooled version of the Ti? What is much higher priced, the LC Vega 64 is a premium product that premium comes with much better cooling than the stock version.
For example, I just bought An AIO for my Vega from Alphacool 240 rad and cost me £160, I paid £470 for my Vega 64.

So no Vega 64 isn't the same price has 1080ti far from it.

Caporegime
And my answer is should we not be then comparing the water cooled version of the Ti? What is much higher priced, the LC Vega 64 is a premium product that premium comes with much better cooling than the stock version.
For example, I just bought An AIO for my Vega from Alphacool 240 rad and cost me £160, I paid £470 for my Vega 64.

You're ignoring the second bit. Also, adored TV made the comparison.

To get a cool and quiet v64 then you're at 1080ti money however.

Right now a vega 64 is a worse buy than a 1080ti when you compare price/performance even if you compare the basic reference v64.

Caporegime

Why do you need a watercooled 1080ti to compare? Many of the decent AIB ones are essentially silent anyway, and you can't overclock a vega 64 watercooled edition to even stock 1080ti performance so yes they should be compared.

The vega 64 watercooled card is literally a terrible buy, whichever way you try to spin it.

Caporegime
I couldn't care what he says, you compare the GPU for what it is. Water cooled vs water cooled. Priced for priced.

So you only care for his opinion when you agree with it.

To get a v64 right now that's as cool and quiet as a 1080ti though you are at 1080ti money.

I don't disagree you can get a v64 cheaper than a 1080ti, but given it offers worse price/performance than a 1080ti it's not worth buying.

Soldato
Why do you need a watercooled 1080ti to compare? Many of the decent AIB ones are essentially silent anyway, and you can't overclock a vega 64 watercooled edition to even stock 1080ti performance so yes they should be compared.

The vega 64 watercooled card is literally a terrible buy, whichever way you try to spin it.

Because, water-cooled GPUs offer much better temperature and noise, also you can make the core on Vega 64 much better stable results is better performance 1700+ on the core.

The water cooled version of the 1080 Ti is what NVidia have next and what should be compared, when it comes to the price of both GPUs.

The products should be compared for what they are not because it suits your agenda lol

Soldato
It's the same old story of in theory there is no real bad cards if priced correctly. The last 3 big game releases is starting to show that Vega might just not be the lemon we thought it was. Time will tell though but at current prices it's a very hard sale.

What i would say as to the 1080ti is they are very fast cards on air and water cooling them does not really offer much compared to the top of the range coolers. My mates Aorus boosts to 2030mhz out of the box and it's very quiet. With the lack of voltage to push things much further then water is really not needed. Was very impressed by it tbh.

Vega AIB air coolers will have to be really good to get near what water can achieve.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom