Fuji X Series

Caporegime
Caporegime
Not sure if Google really is watching but since popping into this thread last 24hrs, these 2 videos popped up in my recommended videos to watch on YouTube, strangely both were uploaded on the same day.

The bit where the guy had to resort to his 6D to finish the job…

I weren't going to ditch my Canon system for Fuji anyway…reliability really is everything! Keeping my X-T1 for "fun" though.

Soldato
Odd videos, first guy seems like he has one slightly odd problem with the LCD, two where he's broken it ie tripod mount and dropping it and a shutter button that needs replacing, second guy seems to have a failed warranty repair and a few hot pixels at really high iso. What surprised me most is they both claim to be pro's and they are shooting single bodies!

Now I'm not saying the fuji's are without fault or pretending they are as robust as a Canon Pro body but these videos definitely smack of the classic attention seeking click bait youtube is rife with the second guy is clearly upset that fuji don't send him review bodies and loan cameras because he is such an important vlogger! Maybe it's slightly chubby bearded hipsters that are the issue?

Caporegime
Odd videos, first guy seems like he has one slightly odd problem with the LCD, two where he's broken it ie tripod mount and dropping it and a shutter button that needs replacing, second guy seems to have a failed warranty repair and a few hot pixels at really high iso. What surprised me most is they both claim to be pro's and they are shooting single bodies!

Now I'm not saying the fuji's are without fault or pretending they are as robust as a Canon Pro body but these videos definitely smack of the classic attention seeking click bait youtube is rife with the second guy is clearly upset that fuji don't send him review bodies and loan cameras because he is such an important vlogger! Maybe it's slightly chubby bearded hipsters that are the issue?
It's a shame fanboys have to get so defensive and personal when their favourite brand is criticised.

There are many people, pros and otherwise that have written/said they have had reliability issues with Fuji X-T2's.

Soldato
It's a shame fanboys have to get so defensive and personal when their favourite brand is criticised.

There are many people, pros and otherwise that have written/said they have had reliability issues with Fuji X-T2's.

Not a fanboy I have both Fuji and Canon and I know which one I'd take if it was a job where reliability was key! Not that I'd ever under any circumstances take a paid photogrpahy gig ever!

There are clearly a few issues with the XT-2 out there but you've got to accept the first guy dropping it and it breaking and loosing the tripod screws are pretty lame complaints and the second guy has had a warranty repair which clearly needs to go back. The chubby bearded hipster comment was tongue in cheek I didn't realise until i pressed play on the second video that it was two different guys they look so similar on first glance! Pro#s not having two camera bodies though is poor form and the second chap definitely has a chip on his shoulder about not getting review bodies and loans!

Caporegime
He did have a back up, just a Canon 6D.
Exactly, which makes sense as to have 2x mirrorless cameras with potentially similar issues is a less reliable than 1x mirrorless and 1x DSLR that has probably been through hell and back and while not his first choice, can be relied upon to do the job.

Associate
Not a fanboy I have both Fuji and Canon and I know which one I'd take if it was a job where reliability was key! Not that I'd ever under any circumstances take a paid photogrpahy gig ever!

There are clearly a few issues with the XT-2 out there but you've got to accept the first guy dropping it and it breaking and loosing the tripod screws are pretty lame complaints and the second guy has had a warranty repair which clearly needs to go back. The chubby bearded hipster comment was tongue in cheek I didn't realise until i pressed play on the second video that it was two different guys they look so similar on first glance! Pro#s not having two camera bodies though is poor form and the second chap definitely has a chip on his shoulder about not getting review bodies and loans!

Additionally, the second guy is doing "professional" work yet hasn't signed up for or joined Fuji Professional Services. Had he done so he would have been given a free replacement X-T2 until his one was repaired. So, I agree ... it's a case of click bait from UTubers to a certain extent. That said, I'm sure there are those with genuine problems ... no camera is completely infallible. My X-T2 is going strong without any issues and I have a higher shutter count with it than that guy in the second video !

Soldato
He did have a back up, just a Canon 6D.
He moans though that he had to resort to the 6d when if that was his backup surely that's his continuity plan and he has decided he's happy with it. I know not everyone is going to agree with me but those guys only make you tube videos to make money and they know some negative bandwagon jumping click bait will get them views.

Caporegime
He moans though that he had to resort to the 6d when if that was his backup surely that's his continuity plan and he has decided he's happy with it. I know not everyone is going to agree with me but those guys only make you tube videos to make money and they know some negative bandwagon jumping click bait will get them views.

A back up is still a back up to get the job done.

I could moan about having a 1DXmk2 as a backup being too large and cumbersome, it doesn't mean it's bad.

You bang on about being a pro he should have had a back up. He had one and now your point shifted to that he had one but he moaned about it?

What is your point again?

Surely it can't be simply you questioning whether he is telling the truth that he is a pro or not, I mean does that really have anything to do with the camera and its reliability issues?

Caporegime

I could moan about having a 1DXmk2 as a backup being too large and cumbersome, it doesn't mean it's bad.

You bang on about being a pro he should have had a back up. He had one and now your point shifted to that he had one but he moaned about it?

Surely it can't be simply you questioning whether he is telling the truth that he is a pro or not, I mean does that really have anything to do with the camera and its reliability issues?
His point is: "Someone made a reasonable complaint about Fuji and now I need to defend it at all costs even in the face of cold rational logic".

The Facebook group is just as bad. :D

Soldato

Not questioning that he's a pro I frankly couldn't care probphotographers come in all shapes on forms, just questioning his motivation for the video! Each to there own though one man's click bait is another's informative video!

Soldato
His point is: "Someone made a reasonable complaint about Fuji and now I need to defend it at all costs even in the face of cold rational logic".

The Facebook group is just as bad. :D
When have I defended it? These guys cameras have some issues lots do and I'd freely admit I don't think my fuji is as robust as my canon which feels like it will never die! I've been lucky none of my cameras have ever developed any problems and my 5d is getting pretty high millage it even survived a fall from a tripod probably saved by the sacrificial tamron lens which was a mess! My Fuji isn't perfect there are things I'd change but it's good enough for me!

Caporegime
When have I defended it? These guys cameras have some issues lots do and I'd freely admit I don't think my fuji is as robust as my canon which feels like it will never die! I've been lucky none of my cameras have ever developed any problems and my 5d is getting pretty high millage it even survived a fall from a tripod probably saved by the sacrificial tamron lens which was a mess! My Fuji isn't perfect there are things I'd change but it's good enough for me!

This is exactly his point, in a job you need to TRUST your gear, he has lost his trust with Fuji, that’s all.

Soldato
So after a bit more thinking, I headed to my local camera shop with a D800 and 70-200, and they were happy to match mpb's price, so I left with an XT2 kit and a bit of cash my way. It came as a kit, so while it's not the lens I might not chose long term, it's a good start. Ideally I'd like a 23mm f1.4, and I think that will give me a better idea of what the Fuji can do relative to my Nikon 35mm set up.

I'm still surprised by how small it is. First impressions have been good. It feels nice in the hand, the evf is very good and much better than I imagined one to be, and the high iso performance is brilliant, almost no unpleasant noise.

I covered various events on Sunday for the local paper and tried it out there. I happily got all the shots required on the Fuji, and the Nikon stayed in the bag throughout.

jmPcv1lh.jpg

Soldato
I've recently gone xt-2 with the kit lens coming from an a6000. Very happy with it, and not bad at under £1200.

Does anyone have any experience with the 16-55 f2.8 as it seems like a very good general all purpose lens?

Associate
I've recently gone xt-2 with the kit lens coming from an a6000. Very happy with it, and not bad at under £1200.

Does anyone have any experience with the 16-55 f2.8 as it seems like a very good general all purpose lens?

I used the 16-55 for a few days back in September, IQ is very good, but it is a big heavy lens, so if your trying to keep your setup fairly lightweight this lens doesn't help!

I would happily use it again though, having the 2.8 through the full range is super useful and like i said, i was extremely happy with the IQ it kicked out.

Soldato
as above if your ok with the sheer size of it the 16-55 f2.8 isn't going to disappoint you in the image quality arena!

I just with they would combine the two kit lenses so ou get the speed of on and the 16mm wide end of the other!

Back
Top Bottom