Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Man of Honour
Got all excited when fitbit offered me a direct replacement or 50% off for blistering, finally experienced it after 22months, just inside 2 year warranty, last fitbit the hr sensor failed. So was expecting them to say nah its out of warranty but they dated it from the replacement.
However it excludes the ionic :( booo. Not sure whether to get the charge hr for free or charge 2 for £75. I would have loved to try the ionic for £150

for the price of smartwatches these still nothing that jumps out to me.

why did you get a fossil they are just poor quality generally both build and function.

POB

POB

Soldato
why did you get a fossil they are just poor quality generally both build and function.

£147.99 is a decent reason.

I like the look of it. Seems well made and it has the same CPU etc as the other Wear 2.0.

Function wise its just Android Wear 2.0.

Its missing NFC and heart rate sensor but I don't care for the price I paid.

Soldato
Looking at getting a fitbit Charge 2 off the wife for christmas, i see they have just announced the ionic and new scales, anyone know if they are planning a charge 3? Don't want to get one and they then release a new model straight afterwards.

Man of Honour
Looking at getting a fitbit Charge 2 off the wife for christmas, i see they have just announced the ionic and new scales, anyone know if they are planning a charge 3? Don't want to get one and they then release a new model straight afterwards.
I haven't heard anything, but what do you want. Invoice is a smartwatch and charge 2 is a fitness tracker with notification for calls/texts and that's about it.

Edit- a Google suggest early 2018 for charge 3

Soldato
So the Android Wear section on the Google Store has disappeared: http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/1...-sport-style-now-showing-no-longer-available/

https://store.google.com/gb/

They only have sections for phones, home, laptops/tablets, VR and accessories.

You can still access the US version of the LG Sport page, but tweaking the URL to the UK page, it just redirects you to the home page.

Seems highly unlikely they're ending Android Wear considering they recently accounted the Oreo 8.0 beta...

EDIT: An update, seems it's just Google purging out all the non-Google hardware, so everything is pretty much Google made hardware: http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/10/05/google-store-now-google-store/

Last edited:
Man of Honour
picking one up today, looking forward to it tbh. never had a fitbit before
please post whats in the app store.
so far I like what reviewers are saying, its just what the app store looks like that worries me, I'm assuming there's going to be very few apps.
The biggest complaint I've seen in reviews is it looks, but i think it looks nice unlike the apple watch. but reviewrs are the ther way around.

Associate
For anyone with a Samsung Gear S3 (and perhaps others) Tizen OS 3.0 is available as an update for us. Some nice UI changes so far. I'm just having a look what else is new.

Back
Top Bottom