Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Soldato
Just picked up an S3 frontier for £194 on employee discount black Friday event, hopefully a decent upgrade from g watch r. Not really been impressed with the direction goggle have gone with android wear 2.0 to be honest

Soldato
What are your experiences with the HRM on the Gear S3? It seems very inaccurate? I was at the gym, the Gear S3 said like 88 bps while the exercise bike said 134 and my Jabra earbuds said 133 too...? Does it struggle with a sweaty wrist perhaps?

Soldato
Huawei Watch 2 is going for £179.99 on the rainforest for anyone interested.

Grabbed it, for 45% off it's a really good deal. Was tempted for the Classic but it was a fair bit more but there's hardly any difference spec wise compared to the much cheaper Sport.

Guess I can finally put my LG GWR to rest, it was great when I first had it but ever since the 2.0 update it's been rather slow and I'm itching for Android Pay on it :p.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Grabbed it, for 45% off it's a really good deal. Was tempted for the Classic but it was a fair bit more but there's hardly any difference spec wise compared to the much cheaper Sport.

Guess I can finally put my LG GWR to rest, it was great when I first had it but ever since the 2.0 update it's been rather slow and I'm itching for Android Pay on it :p.
I'm in the same boat, still rocking a GWR and am looking at the HW2. Hmmm, tempting!

Soldato
HW2 sport arrived and size wise it's considerably more compact than the GWR, but it's also a tad thicker. But for my small wrists, it's actually more comfortable. Setting up was pretty quick and easy, but I had to manually reinstall my Wear apps. Luckily I didn't have that many apps on the watch and most of them sync to the cloud. Everything feels a lot smoother as well, especially Assistant which took a fair few seconds to start up on my GWR. Loaded up my card for Android Pay so will give that a go, I've remapped the second button to the Android Pay app so should be easily accessible.

Annoyingly, I forgot to check the strap size, my metal strap I got for the GWR is 22mm but the HW2 uses 20mm :p. Then again it has been worn down so I guess I was due a new strap anyway...

Associate
I tried the huawei watch 2 today (classic model) looks really nice but I have to say the Samsung gear s3 with tizen just feels 10x more polished.
Felt quite sluggish in places and despite the screen only being 0.1 inches smaller you really notice it. The rotary dial is a game changer on the S3 for me.
Will be sending that one back and keeping the S3

Back
Top Bottom