**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Soldato
My S7 fingerprint sensor gave up the ghost today so I bought a Pixel 2. The XL is too big for me personally as the S7 is at the top end of manageable for me.

I'm not using the latest beta, but have noticed the following - has anyone noticed similar or can point out where I may be going wrong?

1. I'm struggling to type, despite the fact I used Gboard on my S7 - it's like I'm struggling to hit the space bar consistently. Perhaps I'm hitting above the space key because I'm subconsciously worried about hitting one of the soft navigation keys?
  2. AutoFill API using lastpast beta seems hit and miss? It appears I need to long press the input field and sometimes it comes up with an AutoFill prompt, other times the AutoFill option is in the overflow menu after paste and sometimes there's no AutoFill prompt or option.
  3. Also, does AutoFill not work in Chrome browser when using Lastpass? Lastpass would AutoFill into Chrome on my S7 using the legacy (accessibility service) method.
It's a shame about the large top and bottom bezels but decided to try and get used to it and benefit from the amazing camera and pure Android experience.

Associate
Soldato
No issues with Gboard here, but I'm on DP2, which fixed some of the edge detection which might be part of your issue?

With that said, 8.1 is rolling out today. It fixes the burger emoji! :p

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/5/16737066/google-burger-beer-emoji-android-8-1-fix-release-date
Excellent, glad I held out on installing the beta on my new 2XL. Any word on which markets are up first? No sign of it on mine anyway.
It's times like this that make being a Pixel owner a real pleasure, impending 8.1 and Samsung are still floundering around on 7.1.1 (unless you're lucky enough to be on beta).

Associate
Excellent, glad I held out on installing the beta on my new 2XL. Any word on which markets are up first? No sign of it on mine anyway.
It's times like this that make being a Pixel owner a real pleasure, impending 8.1 and Samsung are still floundering around on 7.1.1 (unless you're lucky enough to be on beta).

My S7 Edge is still on 7.0, and it was not uncommon for security updates to be several months out of date. At a time security patching is more important than ever, it's not really a good situation to be in.

On another note, for anyone who uses First Direct banking, I see they now support the Pixel 2 phones for fingerprint authentication :)

Associate
Agree. One of the reason I wanted to dump my S7E too.

Another S7 owner. You liking the Pixel 2 so far? I find it to be a revelation in comparison. You really don't understand how far ahead Googles OS implementation is until you try it I think. I've not even felt the need to change my launchers, keyboards and whatnot, which is normally the first thing I do on a new phone.

Soldato
Another S7 owner. You liking the Pixel 2 so far? I find it to be a revelation in comparison. You really don't understand how far ahead Googles OS implementation is until you try it I think. I've not even felt the need to change my launchers, keyboards and whatnot, which is normally the first thing I do on a new phone.

Same. World's apart from my G4 (which I think is a good phone). I have no need to change anything on the pixel 2 so far. Although I haven't settled on a wallpaper yet

Associate
Same. World's apart from my G4 (which I think is a good phone). I have no need to change anything on the pixel 2 so far. Although I haven't settled on a wallpaper yet

Must admit I'm enjoying the built in live wallpapers. I would like to find a way of making it change automatically each day so I could cycle through and have a new one each day (suggestions welcomed).

Soldato
Must admit I'm enjoying the built in live wallpapers. I would like to find a way of making it change automatically each day so I could cycle through and have a new one each day (suggestions welcomed).

The live ones are nice I will agree. You can have the other types of wallpaper change daily using the built in app. Just not the live ones sadly

Back
Top Bottom