**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Associate
The speakers kinda suck considering they're front facing. I was expecting them to be as good as my HTC One Max but they are quite far from that. Not too bothered tho

Associate
The speakers kinda suck considering they're front facing. I was expecting them to be as good as my HTC One Max but they are quite far from that. Not too bothered tho

Yeah they aren't quite as good as I was expecting (and not as good as my M8), but they are a LOT better than the crappy bottom firing speaker of my S7E. Much clearer. You're never going to get hifi sound out of mobile speakers though.

Mobster
Soldato
Yeah they aren't quite as good as I was expecting (and not as good as my M8), but they are a LOT better than the crappy bottom firing speaker of my S7E. Much clearer. You're never going to get hifi sound out of mobile speakers though.

Razor phone apparently has really good audio but sadly the rest of it makes it too much of a compromise for me.

I found the sound on the iPhone 7 to be really good - it used the bottom speaker and the earpiece and produced really clean and bassy audio. Really surprised me.

Associate
Razor phone apparently has really good audio but sadly the rest of it makes it too much of a compromise for me.

I found the sound on the iPhone 7 to be really good - it used the bottom speaker and the earpiece and produced really clean and bassy audio. Really surprised me.
I thought the only compromise was the camera? Even then the camera wasn't too bad

Soldato
Picked up a Pixel 2 from Carphonewarehouse at the weekend, some indecision over which model to go with actually finding both quite visually appealing but went big in the end and with all the negative reports floating around it felt like a bit a gamble. Two days in and it's good, happy to report no hardware issues at all. Love the feel of the device and in particular the coating on the rear, zero complaints about the screen or the muted colours, now thinking I was wrong to prefer the saturated punch of other displays. Of course no complaints about the performance. Only niggle so far is the absence of the stereo jack and the colour of the included adaptor, black phone and my black headphone cable - connected with a big chunky white cable.

Currently have a U11+ on it's way from HK, it's going to have to be something special to replace this one.

Soldato
So today my P2 XL Panda is supposed to ship. I really hope it does because I've been waiting nearly 3 weeks for it so far. With the 6P and both Pixels I got last year they shipped early, but no such luck here.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Extra chargers and USB-C cables, anyone using any? Which ones?

Are there still the USB A-C issues like we had back in the Nexus 6P days or are they all good now?

Soldato
I believe all fast charging USB-A cables are breaking the USB standard which is why they had problems? It won't be resolved, you need a USB C-C charger to get proper charging safely I think,

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I am looking for one that I can have at work that I can plug into my work machine and just top up my phone. I don't need it to be super fast.

Soldato
I just got a pack of three adaptors to convert my existing usb cables to usb-c. Seem to work well and fine for topping up at my desk or in the car.
Same. I got a pack of 3 Anker adapters when I got my XL last year, think it was around £2 or £3, they've done a good job. I think I'm limited more by the micro usb cables that I'm using rather than the adapters.

On another point, contrary to what I wrote further back about only using the Saturated profile, I've now moved to boosted and it's so much better especially for videos and photos. Yes some of the app icons look 'washed out' in comparison but it's totally worth it for all round media consumption.

Soldato
Same. I got a pack of 3 Anker adapters when I got my XL last year, think it was around £2 or £3, they've done a good job. I think I'm limited more by the micro usb cables that I'm using rather than the adapters.

On another point, contrary to what I wrote further back about only using the Saturated profile, I've now moved to boosted and it's so much better especially for videos and photos. Yes some of the app icons look 'washed out' in comparison but it's totally worth it for all round media consumption.

Yes, the adaptors are doing a good job so far.

I use boosted as well. It's a good compromise!

Back
Top Bottom